13

I've been a wreck for the last five days, I haven't talked with Edward since my birthday party. He wanted to meet up the morning after, but I always found excuses to not meet up with him. The guilt has been eating me up inside, and I desperately needed to talk with someone, so I ended up calling Bas and going over to his place.

We were chilling by Sebastian's pool, I had a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. We sat quietly enjoying the sunny weather and silence never made it awkward between the two of us.

"Bas, we have to talk." I announced after some time, I felt like it was the right time to open up to him.

"What's up with my princess?"

"I need to tell you something, but please, don't hate me, alright? Don't look at me differently, please. I don't want to lose you." I was afraid, afraid of him hating me or looking at me differently.

"Holy shit, Gale, you are scaring me, what's going on?" he looked scared.

"I- I- I think t-that."

"Hey, look at me. I will always love you, alright? Nothing in this world will make me look at you differently." he came and sat by my side, taking a hold of my hand, and stroking it gently.

"I think I'm in love with Ida, Bas," I mumbled quietly, not quite sure if he could hear that.

"You what?"

"I love her. Like love love her."

Silence.

"Please, say something." This was it, Gale, he hates you.

"Jesus Christ, Gale... I don't know what to say."

"Just say something."

"I'm disappointed."

Silence again.

"I mean, it's one thing to have shitty taste in men, but to have shitty taste in women as well, double homicide, Gale." He stated as he started sweetly laughing.

I punched him.

"You almost gave me heart attack idiot."

"Same goes to you, you made it sound like you were dying or something." He pulled me closer to him and side hugged me. "But I'm really disappointed in your choice in women, like seriously, Gale." He whispered.

"You aren't mad?" I asked.

"Oh gosh, of course not! Why should I be? I had a feeling that there was something between you two, especially when you grabbed me and asked me if I hooked up with her with shock written all over your face." He started gently rubbing my back, probably sensing that I was still feeling anxious. "I'm happy for you, you deserve happiness. You are a good girl, she's good as well. But it sucks you know?"

"What sucks?" I asked.

"Well, I could always tell Ed that I will break his nose if he breaks your heart, but since Ida is a girl I can't say that you know."

I laughed.

"She will probably break my heart, I don't think she looks at me the same way, you know."

He smiled.

"You never know if you don't try."

I felt so happy and safe at this moment, why was I so afraid to tell Bas about my feelings towards Ida?