20

After a few hours we arrived to one of our friend's party, he moved to a new place and was having a housewarming party.

"Hey guys, welcome. Shit, Gale, you're looking good." He said as he shamelessly checked me out. Yeah, I managed to lose 6 kgs in almost a month because I couldn't eat, but thanks asshole.

"Once a charmer, always a charmer, Kevin." I greeted him with a hug he shot me a toothy grin and greeted Bas.

"Sebastian, no one can throw parties like you do, so please, lower your expectations."

"Stop it, Kevin, oh here. A housewarming gift from me and Gale" we decided to buy Kevin a cactus and some rum, it's probably better than coming empty-handed

"Shit guys, you are the best! I promise I will take good care of this plant"

"Cactus, Kevin."

"Yeah, yeah, cactus."

"So, Kevin, how's your stock portfolio looking these days?" I rolled my eyes and decided to leave guys alone, no way in hell I'll be listening to that crap.

Kevin's apartment was nice, and it was quite shocking, to be honest. Kevin was never the brightest student, he always told us it was much more important to be street smart than book smart, and whenever he came to school, his only intention was to flirt with girls. He even won the school award of being the best-looking guy in the 9th grade. Golden dark skin, mesmerizing eyes, radiant smile, and well-built body, oh and the fact that he treated all girls with respect. As I walked in into his apartment, I quickly noticed that there weren't many people as I was used to. The music wasn't blasting my ears off, and I could easily overhear some of the conversations. I wasn't ready for this, I thought to myself. My new best friend, anxiety, was starting to get the best of me, my hands were beginning to shake and my heartbeat suddenly increased. The best idea right now would be to go home, but if I go home, I will cry again, and it is not something I want to do again. I went outside to get some fresh air, my hands were still trembling, so I quickly lit a cigarette and closed my eyes. Why me? Do I really have that shitty karma? I wouldn't call myself a saint, but I really didn't deserve this. I hated myself for this. At least I'm not a sociopath, I finally experienced my first heartbreak. I chuckled to myself with my last thought.

"Cute laugh"

"Thanks?"

"For a moment there I thought you were smoking weed." I raised my brow at her, "You know it's smoking kills, not smoking makes you chuckle."

"I've been nonstop smoking these last few weeks, but yet here I am, standing in the flesh."

"Christ girl, who broke you?"

"My expectations."

"Well, that doesn't sound too good."

"Yupp."

"You know what can make you happy?" she reached her hands into her denim jacket which quickly caught my attention. I hope she has a tiny kitt- oh it's just coke. "What do you think, wanna do a few lines? It will help you relax a bit."

"You know I had an anxiety attack a few minutes prior?"

"Well, just think about it. Find me when you make up your mind" she winked and went back inside. I checked my phone and realized that I've been here for only 15 minutes, 15 minutes too much. I decided not to sulk alone anymore, I came here to party, so that is what I am going to do tonight. No more Ida and no more heartbreak, just good vibes.

I felt someone grab my waist and got terrified for a second, when I turned around I saw Bas looking shocked.

"Shit, sorry, Gale, I didn't mean to scare you."