28

"Hey, Edward oh and hi, Gale" she spoke softly. "How are you doing?"

Act normal, everything is fine.

"Hey, Ida. Doing quite well, how are you?" no matter how much I wanted to see her eyes once again, I could not pull myself to do so.

"I'm fine thanks."

Don't look at her. Act chill. Everything is fine.

"What are you two talking about?" she asked curiously.

"Oh, Gale was just wondering if I would like to join some grilling stuff at the beach, but sadly I can't make it, will you be going?"

"Ahh, the one that Bas is organizing? I am not quite sure, I am thinking about it."

"Well, you two should go together! You could watch over Gale, I don't trust that Bas guy"

I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly enough for the both of them to hear.

"Ed, just shut up, please? Bas has been my friend for a really long time."

"Alright, alright, but seriously, watch over her, okay, Ida?"

This was the moment that made me look at her. I felt so weak, why was I waiting for her response? Why was I hoping that she would agree?

"Can't promise you anything, Edward, but I will try my best" she smiled softly as she looked at him and a few seconds later focused on me.

How the hell did your eyes get any prettier? You do not care about me, but why do I seem to care about you more and more as the days go by? I wonder, do you feel it – the same feeling that I feel right now? Does it make you happy to see me? Did you think about me every day while I was away? Do you really regret it?

There were so many questions running in my head, and the saddest part was that I could not answer any of them myself.

"Are you alright, Gale?" she smirked and tilted her head like a puppy

Of course, you notice that you still have that effect on me. I can't fake my emotions around you even though I try my best.

"You know I don't need anyone to watch over me right? I am a grown-up." I announce.

"It is already decided, sweetheart." Ed mocked me. "Even though I won't be able to attend, I can still come and pick you up if anything happens. Ida do you have my phone number?"

"NO" my voice cracked as both Ida and Ed looked at me confused. "I mean I have your number and please, don't worry I will just call a taxi. You don't have to pick us up"

Ida was still smirking trying to hold in her laughter, but I could not understand why. She glanced at her phone quickly.

"Well it was nice meeting you guys, but I really have to go. I am running a bit late. I will see you later Gale. Text me whenever you want to head out to the beach. I will be waiting." She winked. "Edward, it was nice seeing you again."

"Likewise, Ida. Take care." Ed answered, he actually looked like heart eyes emoji and it was quite easy to understand that he has a crush on Ida as well. Great, just my luck.