8

6 days has passed since I saw Ida, and I was right, I was dreaming about her every single night. Anytime Ed touched me, all I could think about was her. I was officially losing my mind over a girl that doesn't care about me. Go, Gale! Tomorrow is my birthday which means a small get-together pre-drinks at Sebastian's place and a pub later. Thankfully, Sebastian was sweet enough to invite Ed and Ed was caring enough to accept his invite. Bas never forgave Ed for how he treated me throughout these years, but he promised to support my choices, even the stupid ones as he says.

"There's my girl, happy birthday, cupcake! Welcome to 22 years old club." Sebastian ran towards me and once again spun me around in the air.

"Thanks, Bas, it feels great to be 22!" not really. Ride to Bas' place was filled with screams and shouts from Ed.

"You don't look too thrilled, is everything alright?" he pulled me to a more secluded place. Any other time, I wouldn't let him do that because of Edward, but right now I didn't give a flying damn about him. "What's going on?"

"It's just Edward, we've been fighting a lot recently."

"Dump his ass then!" I scoffed.

"Bas, you don't dump your significant other anytime you hit a rough patch, you know. That's not how relationships work."

"Gale, I know I told you that I'll support your choices, but seriously, do you think you two will be the end game?"

"I don't know. He is trying, he really is." I looked towards Edward and smiled, I hope so, but I do not know.

"That's not the point. You don't look happy, and you haven't been yourself since you two got together again." That's true. There was a part of me who wanted to settle down, to start acting like a young adult, but the other half of me was craving to be young and dumb.

"He met up with his ex-fiancé 3 days ago."

"HE WHAT?"

"She texted him and he asked me if I was okay with that. I let him go, I trust him."

"Why did they even meet up?"

"I don't know, something about his ex-wanting to resolve some past issues and get closure, so she could become a better human being or something."

"Oh damn, that sounds like bullshit."

"You never know, maybe you should try out to reach out to your exes? Maybe you will find your inner peace."

"No, thanks, I am good."

"Goofball," I said as I ruffled his hair and started going to his house.

"HAAAPPY BIRTHDAY GALE" the crowd shouted the second I stepped inside the house.

"Awww thanks guys."

"Alright, alright, everyone shut up. I'm giving a speech." Oh no, not again, Sebastian. Last week you tried giving a speech it ended up with us being soulmates. "21st of June, just an ordinary day, right? WRONG. 22 years ago, this beautiful, charismatic, witty, amazing human being was born." Oh gosh I'm not ready for this, I thought to myself as I began subtly chugging the drink in my hand. I quickly glanced at the crowd, trying to find this one person, sadly she wasn't in the crowd. Who was I kidding, why would she ever come?

It's been a few hours since we started drinking and the group was on their way to the pub. I haven't talked with Ed all evening as he silently glared daggers at me every time I laughed. I was pissed at him, it was the one night in the year where I wanted to get loose and enjoy my time with friends, but there he was, being a drama queen. Bas tried his best to lift my mood up, and he succeed, I just needed to learn how to ignore Ed. Sebastian, Ed, and I were sitting in the taxi, silence filling the car and I could only notice the staring contest they had in the backseat of the taxi.

"Ya, know, If you are planning on being a butthurt child the whole evening you should head home, Ed. You are ruining all the fun for Gale and the others."

"Shut up, Sebastian. Even the taxi driver knows you want to get into Gale's pants! What's wrong? Does the truth hurt? Don't even bother trying, she would never get together with someone like you."

"Ed, seriously shut the fuck up!" I screamed, he can treat me as bad as he wants, but I won't allow him to treat my friends like shit.

"Oh, come on, Gale. I see you two, do you think I'm fucking blind? Just fuck him tonight if you want, we all know you will be running back to me in the morning."

"You know what, Ed? Fuck you." I turned to the taxi driver who was uncomfortable "I'm really sorry, but can we make a detour? Someone clearly needs to go home" I said as I looked at Ed through the rear window. He kept silent, clearly understanding that he went over the line. The whole ride back to Ed's place was filled with silence, once in a while, I gave directions to the taxi driver, who was taking Ed home. After 10 minutes we were at his house, I told Bas that I had to talk with Ed, but I would be right back in a few minutes.

"I can't believe you, Ed." He was looking at me like an innocent child found at the crime scene. "You clearly stepped over the line this time. What's up with you? You've been acting strange recently."

"Just forget it, Gale. I'm sorry, okay? Have fun tonight, apologize to Sebastian for me." He sighed as he hugged me and kissed my forehead before reaching in his pocket and giving me a 200 $ bill, "for taxi and please, shots for everyone from your friend group on me, I'm sorry for ruining your night. Just text me when you get home, alright? And we will talk in the morning."

"Bye, Ed."

"Love you, Gale."

I went back to the taxi and sighed loudly; this wasn't how I imagined my birthday. "Sorry to keep you waiting, we can head to the original destination now." I turned to the taxi driver and smiled softly.

"Gale, are you alright?"

"Of course, I am, Bas."

This was the worst birthday ever. But I would never say it out loud.