4

After leaving the bathroom and being done with my bathroom business, I headed downstairs to give keys back to the Bas, but he was once again nowhere to be found. I rolled my eyes, knowing him, he is probably smoking weed somewhere. The house was starting to get more and more crowded, and it was nearly impossible to squeeze through all the people inside. A familiar scent of perfume tickled my nose, it was too familiar, but I couldn't wrap my head around why it was so painfully familiar. The smell was sweet, yet intense, my mind was screaming, trying to make me remember why it smells so nostalgic. Right now, I had another problem to deal with, to find Bas and make sure he was okay. I checked my phone only to be met with three unanswered calls and five text messages from Edward, I mentally rolled my eyes and went outside to find a secluded place in order to call him back. As I was walking to the end of the street, I couldn't forget the perfume, why was it so familiar? I sighed before calling Edward and was patiently waiting for him to answer me.

"Hey, you didn't answer my texts, so I got worried. Are you okay?"

"Ed, I'm with my classmates, of course, I am okay. What are you up to?"

"Not much, just chilling and watching some stupid movie."

"Okay, you know, it sounds way better than being here, to be honest."

"Really? Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Nah, not yet. I'll stay a bit longer, so I can decline the invitation the next time."

"Oh, I was meaning to ask you, do you want to spend the night at my place after I pick you up?"

"I don't know, Ed, let me think about it okay? I'll text you whenever I'm done pretending to be a social butterfly, okay?"

"Alright, love, take care." And he hung up the phone.

After finishing up the call I thought to myself that maybe I should've asked him to come and pick me up, but at the same time, it was refreshing to see some other faces than his and his buddies. So I turned my head right and left but there was no sight of Bas, so I searched for him for a good 10 minutes before finding him outside in front of a large group of people.

"There you are asshole!" I smacked his head lightly. "What's up with you disappearing every time I try looking for you?"

"Oh, superstar, come, join us" He dragged me gently towards him and put one arm around my shoulder. He was on the verge of blacking out, after knowing him for 10 years, I knew when he was about to blackout. "Listen here you, fucktards, this girl right here. She means everything to me and even more. I love her more than I love myself." He giggled and burped at the same time. "No one compares to her, and I wish that someday I can meet someone like her, I know, I know, I will never meet someone as good as her, but at least as half as her."

"Okay, Romeo, calm down." I tugged him by his shirt and quietly told him.

"No, Gale, they need to hear this."

"They really don't."

"You are my soulmate; you know that right? Not in a romantic type of way ya know, but like platonic way. And it feels so gooood to know that you will always have my back and I will forever have yours, you know."

"Jesus, Bas, did you smoke weed or something? What's up with you. He'll be right back guys" I started laughing as I pulled him by the bench.

"I mean it, Gale. I've never said it out loud, but just know, that we two forever, alright? And if that asshole Edward breaks your heart again, I'm going to kill him." He told me as he rested his head on my shoulder.

Again? I thought to myself. I can't recall that Edward broke my heart. I guess people always tend to think that whenever someone breaks up it means that the girl is always left heartbroken. But, which I wasn't, whenever we decided to call it quits with Ed, there were no sad songs playing at night, in fact, there were no sleepless nights and no tears. I was never broken and sometimes I was terrified that there was something wrong with me, because I should've been heartbroken, right? But, once again, I could smell the familiar scent in the near proximity, it was sweet, but also intense.

"Sebastian! There you are! I need a favor to ask you." Someone from behind began talking. I knew that voice and suddenly froze. There was no way she was here. I was probably too drunk and my senses were not on top of the game.

"IDA-HOEEEE" he started shouting and quickly jumped from the bench.

"Asshole. Stop bothering this poor girl and help me out" She scuffed. I was afraid to turn around, afraid to see her once again.

"Idalene, if you keep calling me an asshole, I will not help you, you know."

"Seb, come on. Frank drove me here, but we got into a fight and broke up, so suddenly I'm stuck here without a ride home."

"Well, fix your personality then." She pinched his cheek as he said that. "You can crash at my place, and you can catch a bus tomorrow, a brilliant plan am I right?"

"I would rather sleep in the forest than at your house, Seb, I really want to go home, and I can't drink before I know that I have a ride home."

I still wouldn't dare to look her way; she was here, and she was real. This time I wasn't dreaming and this time this was real.

"I'm too drunk to fix your problems, Idalene."

"I swear to God if you call me Idalene one more time I am going to lose my shit."

"That's your name, dumbass, how else should I call you?"

"You know that everyone calls me Ida, stupid. Come on, fix it."

He scratched his head and looked at me. "I mean shit, ask Gale. I need more drinks. See ya." And he left. He left me alone with her.

"Gale? Is that you?" I turned around to look at her.