7

After a long, cringy car ride filled with awkward and embarrassing stories about me, we were approaching our neighborhood. I glanced to the rear mirror only to find Ida half smirking at me.

"Edward, you know, you can just drop me off by Gale's house. I need to sober up and get some fresh air before coming back to my parents' place. Even though I'm old enough to drink, they still treat me like a teenager sometimes."

"Are you sure? I can drop you off wherever you want me to."

"I'm positive." She smiled and leaned back to her seat.

Edward stopped by my house and leaned in to kiss me. It felt awkward kissing him right in front of Ida, but there was nothing that I could've done to prevent it.

"A friend, huh? You know if you kiss all of your friends the same way you kissed him, I'm jealous."

"It's a long and complicated story."

"I'm all ears."

"Trust me. It's silly."

"Trust me. I'm all ears."

"Well, then I have to invite you inside."

"Well, then I have to take up your offer." she mockingly mimicked my voice.

"Wow, you are annoying sometimes, you know that?" I laughed.

"Oh please, Sebastian is your best friend. You should be used to being around annoying people."

We went to my living room and sat on the couch.

"It's different from what I remember. When was the last time I was here? Probably on your sweet 16." Yes, the last time you were here was on my sweet 16. You were an hour late, you wore a white summer dress and had a flowery headband.

"Yeah, probably. More whiskey?"

"I never say no to free alcohol except if old creeps are asking."

"Well, you are in luck. I am neither old nor creepy, I hope." I shot her a smile

She laughed once again, and my heart skipped a beat. Well, probably because I mixed alcohol with Redbull, but hey, I want to be a hopeless romantic for a moment.

"You will have to deal with neat whiskey. I don't have any chaser."

"That's fine with me. Just come here and tell me everything."

So, I told her how I met Edward and how we started off as friends, but I started feeling something more towards him after a while, how we had to date secretly for a few months because his sister was my best friend. I told her how much my mother loved him, how he treated me like a gentleman. I told her the good, and then I told her the bad how he would go out every weekend and spend hundreds of dollars in the nightclubs, how he wouldn't answer his phone for two days straight. I told her about the time right before I started university when he came by to tell me we were over, that he found someone else. How he got engaged 6 months later on Valentine's Day. 2 months later, he came to my place completely shitfaced, and we ended up having sex. How stupid I felt and how disappointed I was in myself after that. How I blocked him, how I didn't speak about him in 2 years and met him at his sister's birthday. He told me he wasn't engaged anymore, something I already knew from his sister. He begged me to meet up again for some coffee, and I told him yes how he asked me for forgiveness and asked for a second chance. How I said yes. I even told her how all of my friends reacted when they found out that I forgave him, how he changed to a better man, how he asked me to move in with him.

"Oh wow, you were right. It's really complicated. Well, but it turned out to be an epic love story, right?"

Well, you see, not really. How should I say this, you see... To be quite honest, I've had a crush on you for ages, for like a really long time. It happened out of the blue, because the very first time I saw you, you looked like all the other girls, sorry to say this, but you were an ordinary girl. However, something happened in 9th grade, I remember this like it was yesterday. I was late to class and when I walked in, you were looking at me – in that moment something bizarre happened, I can't quite describe the feeling, but I was looking at you while you were looking at me and something clicked. Suddenly you weren't a girl just like a hundred other girls, you were something different. Unique, beautiful, and funny. Because of you, I didn't want to skip classes anymore, I wanted to see you instead. The feeling that I felt, ah damn, that feeling, hmm how should I describe it? I wanted to crawl out of my skin in order to make you happy, to make you laugh. And you know what was the best part? I never wanted anything in return, just your smile. And one day you announced that you are going to transfer schools, that day I didn't feel like myself, to be quite honest, I didn't feel myself for a long time after you left. The worst part? The worst part was me dreaming of you every single week, at first, I thought it was a silly crush, but whenever I heard someone mentioning your name I could only focus on that conversation. Trust me, I tried to ignore this stupid crush, I would go on dates with guys, and still, I would dream about you at night. So, then I met him, and whenever I was with him, I forgot you, I didn't like him nor did I love him, but he kept me sane when all I could think about was you. I was stupid, I know, but I lost my virginity to him, hoping that maybe I will attach myself to him and forget about you, but I was wrong. When things ended between me and him, I started hooking up with many guys and girls, but still, somehow you were on my mind. You still are, after so many years, and I am probably stupid to even be talking with you because I know that now I will dream of you every night. To be quite honest, I think that I love you, you know? I mean, after so many years, in the end, it's still you. I have feelings just for you, am I crazy?

"Pffft, yeah, more like 5 years waisted on an asshole. Enough about me, tell me about your love life."

"Can't tell you something I don't have."

"Oh, come on, seriously, nothing?"

"Just hookups, nothing serious. Well, there was Frank, but we broke up today, so I need a pause from the dating scene for a while" How is it possible? I bet every single guy you meet throws himself at your feet.

We sat and talked about various different topics for some time and it felt good. It felt different, it felt like we both were on the same vibration. 

"You know, your couch is really comfortable" you should try my bed, I thought to myself. "But I kinda overstayed, it's getting late, and I should probably be heading home now."

I glanced at my phone, it was 5 in the morning and if I remember correctly, we left the party around 2 am. I looked at her and it looked like she was waiting for an answer, should I ask her if she wants to stay at my place? Nah, it would be stupid to ask, she will say no, and I will feel like a lovesick puppy.

"I guess." That's all I could say at that moment. "Do you want me to follow you home?"

"Don't be silly, it is a 4-minute walk, I think I will manage to walk home alone." She smiled at me. "You know, it was nice to see you again. I'll see you around, okay?" Well, the last time you said those exact words I didn't see you for almost 7 years, so I won't count on it. She hugged me tightly and once again, I felt like a teenager with a silly crush.

"You still wear the same perfume, right?" I said as she let go of me.

"I guess I do, kinda shocking that you remember." She laughed softly. Oh please, how could I forget?

"I'm really good with perfumes." I shot her a polite smile.

"Well, thanks again. Bye, Gale."

"Bye, Idalene." I playfully mocked her.

"Asshole." She rolled her eyes and then she left.