35

authors note: sorry for not updating! life happens and ofcourse shit happens :) I made a promise to myself to finish the books I've started writing and that is the promise I will keep. It can take some time before I update it again.

Even though me and Ida had some great moments together, everything had to come to an end. She was driving me to the airport and there was nothing but silence in the car.

We spent our days together ignoring the biggest problem of them all, me having to fly back. That was the reality, and even though I would've loved to stay here, I had job and a new life. I don't want to admit it to myself, but I think I might be afraid of getting hurt again, and this place reminds me of getting hurt, of all the bad choices and decisions I did before I moved. It's a bittersweet memory, but I have to keep moving forward, or else I will be stuck in the same place making the same stupid decisions as I have always done. "So..." I started talking, not quite knowing what I will say next, in hopes of getting Ida to say something, anything.. "This sucks, doesn't it?" she asked, focusing on the road. "It does. I love being here with you, but I can't stay any longer. I think my boss was mad that I extended my vacation already once, I don't want to piss her off anymore" "You don't have to, you know? At the end of the day, you will still have to leave eventually, better to do it now than later." "What will happen next? Between us, I mean" I asked, I needed answers. Anything. "I don't know, Gale. I really don't. I think we were stupid to ignore this problem, and now we shouldn't rush to any conclusions. I think we need some time apart to think about everything, what you want and what I want. What do you think?" she says. To be quite honest, I am very happy with her answer, I don't want to rush anything either, I am not quite sure if long distance is something that I want. "Yes, ofcourse, it's fine. I just want to say that I have no plans moving back here. Career opportunities are way better for me there than here. Would you ever consider moving somewhere? You don't have to move there if you don't want to, that's not something I will ever ask you to do, I really hope you know that. But if you think that you would like to move somewhere else someday, we could look at the options." "Okay, Gale, I will think about it. We can talk more about it later, yeah? I have plans to take my master's degree, so moving now does not sound that smart at the moment. It's just a lot, all of this, you know? Can we maybe set some date where we will call each other and have the talk?" she asked and it was first time in a while she looked at me. "Oh, so we will not catch up before "the talk"? I asked. "Nono, ofcourse we will, but I just don't want to ruin the mood or anything, but if we had a date, it would be easier. Both of us would know that when the day comes, we will have a serious talk about the future and we will decide what happens then." "Yeah, that sounds great. I will need some time though. The next month I will probably be busy with work, as there are some certain deadlines that have to be met for our clients." "No worries" she smiled and looked at me, but at the same time I saw sadness in her eyes, like she did not believe in us, in this situation. "Everything will be okay." there was a long pause. "I hope". "I hope so too." I replied back, as the drive to the airport was approaching, I grabbed her hand that rested softly on her thigh and held it in mine, before placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles.Everything will be okay..