30

I was pacing around my room trying to decide on what to wear for tonight. I was suddenly disturbed by my phone only to see that Kevin will be picking me up in 5 minutes. Holy shit, how long have I been pacing around my room?

It's quite ironic to think that a few years ago I was searching for her everywhere. In every city, in every coffee shop and in every crowd, but I never found her - I never saw her. Then she showed up at Seb's party and ever since then my world turned upside down. I had to move to another country in order to get over her, but that is of course something I will never admit. I won't lie, even though I was trying to get over her, I would still look for her in ever crowd, hoping that fate would bring us together again. I can't let her control my life, even though she does not know it - I push myself to become better, just for her. Is thi-

My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing. Shit I forgot that Kevin was on his way. I looked at myself in the mirror, jeans and a hoodie. Well, I don't want Kevin waiting on me so I guess this will do. I quickly put on the first sneakers I saw and went outside.

"Damn, nice ride, I did not know you make that much money"
"Nice to see you as well, Gale", Kevin started laughing while finishing typing something on his phone. "So, change of plans".
"Change of plans is never a good thing. What is it?"
"Oh not much, we will take a quick detour before picking up Seb" he casually mentioned.
"Wait, Kev, you can actually turn around here or else you will need to drive through the whole neighborhood"
"Oh, it's fine."
He started driving.
"You can turn left here and-" I could not even finish telling the directions before he cut me off.
"Nope"
I just shrugged at him and looked down at my phone to check if Val texted me, but she did not. Well, since I sat in the front, I was automatically in charge of music, so I tried connecting my phone to his car's bluetooth. Kevin slowly stopped the car.
"Okay, I'm sorry if this becomes awkward, but this was Seb's idea" I quickly glanced at him. Kevin shot me a pleading look.
"What's going on? Why the puppy eyes, Kevin?" I raised my eyebrow and nearly shat myself when I heard someone opening the door.
"Hey, Kev Kev"
That voice. Of course, THEY had to pick HER up, as if suddenly Kevin was the only one who could drive a car in this world. I mentally cringed, and ended sighing loudly enough for Ida to hear.
"Oh, hey Gale" her voice seemed softer this time. "Nice to know you decided to join. You never updated me so I thought you would ditch."
"Oh no, I never ditch people I care about" I shot back, which made Kevin fake cough
"Yeah you only move to another country and update us through social media" Kevin quickly said in between fake coughs.

Fucking great. I was very close to just open the car doors and go home. I'm too sober for this shit. I grabbed a beer from my bag and cracked it open.

"Gale are you mental? My car is brand new, I don't want it to smell like beer"
I glared at him and he quickly stopped talking, I started chugging my bear as we were approaching our next destination. Bas was waiting for us outside and he quickly jumped in with a beer in his hand as well.
"Heyo, superstar, loser 1 and loser 2" he saluted us.
"Do you guys seriously do not have any manners? Next time I'm drinking beer in your cars as well" Kevin whined.
I turned my head back and looked at Bas and he mouthed me "sorry" and smiled.
"Come on, drive faster, Kevin, why did you even buy this car if you drive like an old lady?" Kevin scoffed.
"Good boy, Kevin. I knew you had it in you. So, Gale, what have you been up to? What did you do today?" Bas asked innocently.
"Oh, not much"
"Oh really? My people told me that you were seen with your ex.. EX GALE!!"
I rolled my eyes. "Bas, don't be dramatic. Who the hell are your people? Stop watching gangster movies".
"Don't change topic, superstar. Seriously?!? Him of all the people, don't tell me you got back together"
I once again turned around to look at him and saw that he was smirking and subtly winking.
"Oh, did you get back together with Edward?" Kevin asked. Seriously? Bas knowns that I would never get back with Edward, and he talks with Kevin every single day so it sounds weird that they are even questioning.
"Just shut up and drive" I groaned.

The drive to the beach was quiet, so I am really thankful that it was not a long drive. I was the first one to jump out of the car as I craved a very much needed cigarette. Without looking back I went by the bench and sat down.
"Pretty girls shouldn't smoke" a soft voice scared me. I sighed once again, I don't want to talk with her yet.
"I thought that people should have started showing up by now"
She carefully sat beside me, as if she was double checking if I was fine with it.
"What people?" she tilted her head and raised her right eyebrow.
"Well you know, Sebastian's people"
She started laughing. "I think there has been some miscommunication or something" she said.  "It is going to be just the four of us"
Just my fucking luck.