breathe (NJ)

y/n pov
Noah has been acting really strange lately. I texted him asking if we can spend time together and his response was "sorry not today..." I need to find out what's wrong. There's definitely something bothering him. Why wouldn't he tell me though? We told each other that we would always go to each other when something was wrong. Maybe he was too scared to talk about it? I mean I guess...

It honestly kinda hurt me when I saw his response, but I knew to not take it personally. I kinda did but that's for something else. He also hasn't been going to school. Probably because he did just get a new role for a movie and is probably practicing the lines, but he did tell me that we would spend a lot of time together before he left for filming.

After I got home from school, I decided to go to his house. I didn't text him or anything that I was coming over. We don't live that far from each other so it didn't take me that long to get to his house.

Once I made it to his house, I knocked and his mom answered the door. "hey y/n!" Katy greeted you happily. "hi mrs. Jupe!" I greeted with a smile. "Y/n, you know you can call me Katy." She said. "okay thank you...Katy!" I said sweetly. "Is Noah home?" I ask kinda looking around their house from the door. "Yeah! He's in his room, he hasn't come out today." She says concerned. "oh..can I go see him?" I ask nervously. She nods in response and shows me to his room.

I look at the door before I knock. Noah opens the door, "Mom i'm not hun-" He says with a raspy voice and then looks up at me with his tear stained face. Once I saw his red eyes and tear stained face, my heart broke. I dislike seeing Noah like this.

"Noah.." I say bringing him into a hug. "What's wrong bubs?" I say softly. He softly squeezes me in the hug and sniffles. "I'm sorry Y/n-" He begins. "No. You don't have to be sorry." I say comforting him.

Next thing I hear is his breathing getting heavier. Now that made me get worried. "woah woah. Noah are you okay." I say looking at him in the eyes. His breathing just gets heavier and heavier. I pull out from the hug and look into his eyes.

"Noah, Breath like this." I say showing him. He copies it while he doesn't take his eyes off of my face. "Good job. Inhale. Exhale." He continues to do it with me and then he starts to breath normally again.

I look him in the eyes and pull him into a tight hug. "Noah." I say softly in his ear. I got a hum in response. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. We pull away and now we are just looking at each other. "i'm sorry..i didn't want to stress you out and didn't want you to worry about me." He says while his eyes start to water.

"It's okay. Just promise me you will always tell me when something is wrong." I say holding my pinky out. He nods and wraps his pinky around mine.

After that, I stayed the night there just to make sure he was okay. I comforted him and he always comforted me. We watched a movie and before it ended, he was asleep on my shoulder. I put him under the blanket, sat next to him, and played with his hair for a while.

Ever since then, Noah hasn't had anymore panic attacks. Dang, I really love him.