cheer up (NJ)

Y/n's  pov
The school bell rings signaling that it's the end of the day, and schools over. I quickly grabs her stuff and runs out of the classroom.

I recently have gotten a lot of pressure because of all the exams coming up, and it's made her really stressed.

I leave the school with a plan of going home, sleeping and crying, that's it.

After my walk home, I took my keys out of my pocket and opened the door before locking the door and taking my coat off.

"Mom i'm home!" I yell tiredly.

I slowly walk up the stairs to my room, and see Noah on my bed, on his computer.

"Noah?" I gently ask, confused on why and how he is here.

"Y/n! You're home!" I stands up and runs over to me and pulls me into a hug.

You lazily wrap your arms around his torso, and he rubs your back gently.

He pulls away and looks at your face and smiles softly at you. When he notices how tired you are, he pulls you back into the hug and kisses the top of your head.

"What's wrong love?" He asks softly.

"I'm so tired, and really stressed out with all the exams I have. I mean I need to pass these tests, and I've been working really hard on it but it just feels so much!" I rant.

"Y/n, don't stress yourself out! Here, why don't we do something fun?" He suggests.

I look up at him and he smiles at me.

"I can't! I need to study for these exams." My voice cracks.

"Y/n, please?" Noah begs.

I sigh, giving in and I nod at him and he hugs me tighter.

"Let's make cookies!" Noah exclaims.

"Sure!" I say rubbing my eyes.

Noah puts my arm around his shoulder and carries
me to the kitchen.

He grabs all the ingredients and we start baking.

I didn't feel like doing it at first, but it definitely made me feel better, and brought my mood up.

We ended up having a flour fight, and he says he won but, let's be real, we all know I won.

He takes the cookies out of the oven and placed them on the counter.

"They look so good, you did amazing!" He kisses my forehead.

I gently smile at him, and he takes one cookie off the tray and bites into it.

"So?" I ask, wondering what he thinks about it.

"It's delicious!" Noah compliments and takes another bite.

"Yay!" I say happily.

After a few minutes, all the cookies were gone.

Noah and I started to watch a movie and I placed my head on his lap, as he played with my hair, and ran his fingers through my hair smoothly.

"So do you feel better?" Noah asks.

"Much, thank you!" I thank and he kisses my cheek.

Whenever I got stressed after that, Noah always calmed me down and distracted me from all the stress.