tutoring (HF)

Y/n pov
I've been struggling with math recently. On my recent test I got an 80. Some people may thing it's a good grade but not to me! I studied all night for it and I got an 80. I mean I guess it's good but I could've done much better.

I went down the rows to the front of the class as the teacher called me down to collect my math test. Yes, This was the test I got an 80 on. I took my test and look at the teacher. "not your best." He said and passed me the paper. I mean yeah 80 is a good grade but the reason he said that to me is because I always got 95+ on tests.

Henry was also in my class, in fact he sat right next to me. "What did you get?" He asked as I sat down in my seat. I showed him my test with a frown on my face. "That's a good grade!" He says smiling. "I guess.. but it's not my best." I say with a sad smile. I lay my head down on my arms that are crossed on the desk.

The teacher called Henry up and he came back with a smile on his face. "What did you get?" I asked curiously. "A 90!!" He says in a celebration voice. I give him a half smile and place my head back down. I was proud of him of course.

He sat down next to me and rubbed my back trying to help me. He kissed my head and then the bell rang. "Y/n can I talk to you for a second?" The teacher asked as I got off of my seat.

I looked at Henry for a second and he smiled and mouthed "I'll wait outside" and then left. I slowly walked over to the teacher. "Yes?" I questioned.

"Look, I know you've done better on your tests, what happened?" He asks. "I have no idea! I worked so hard on it." I say sadly. "Well, If you want Ill let you retake it?" He asks with a smirk.

I shot my head back up. "Really?" I ask. "Yes! But probably study more or get someone to help you." He offered. "I will! Thank you!" I said with gratitude and left the classroom. I saw Henry outside standing on his phone patiently waiting for me.

I ran up to him and give him a hug. I could tell he was shocked by it because he jumped. He warningly put his arms around me and rubbed my back gently. We pulled away and I smiled at him. "Uhm..are you okay?" He asks concerned. "Yeah!! Why wouldn't I be?" I say confused. "Because 2 minutes ago you were sad." He states.

"Oh right! He's letting me retake the test!!" I squeal. "But, you're gonna help me." I continue. He raises his eyebrow at me. "You're gonna be my new tutor!" I say with excitement. He smiles at me and pulls me into a tight hug.

I figured this would help us spend more time together because I mean we really only see each other in school and rarely weekends because of how busy he is.

We walked home to my house and I grabbed a quick snack before going upstairs with Henry. We sat down on bed and I laid down on my stomach while Henry was sitting up straight in front of me.

He asked what I understood and what I didn't understand and so I answered and showed him. Surprisingly, I understood it more. He was really patient with me which really helped me get through it.

After studying for two and a half hours straight we finally finished.

"No way. Thank you so much!" I say pulling him into a quick hug.

"Of course no problem love." He says kissing my forehead.

The next day I got to retake it!! I had to stay after school to. But it was definitely worth it, I walked out of the school and saw Henry waiting for me. I had no idea he was waiting for me. I took an hour retaking that test so he probably had to be sitting there for a while.

He looked up and saw me and ran to me and pulled me into a hug. "How did you do?" He asked as we pulled away. I showed him the paper with "100" bolded big. "Good job!! I'm so proud of you." He says with a big smile. "No! Thank you for helping me." I stated with a smile.

After that, we both helped each other on school when we needed it.