Chapter Eighteen - Hamartophobia - Fear of Sinning

Warning: Boyxboy.  Chapter's clean.

+++

Chapter Eighteen - Hamartophobia- Fear of Sinning

♪ Adam's POV ♥

It seems like it's been a while since I contemplated someone else's life.  For these last few weeks all I've been worrying about was myself, like an asshole.  I didn't do much when I could see, most of the times I wondered about myself and how to get out of my body trafficking job.  I could do a lot of thinking about that job.  I could think about Big Tom who was pretty much my pimp but unlike other pimps, he liked to be called a top businessman in the sex industries.  I could think about how he probably thinks I'm dead and if he found me now, he pretty much get me a new slogan for my job.  Something like, "He might have no eyes to see but that just heightens his other senses."  I'm not proud of my life before this one, where Ethan and the twins took me in.

            When Ethan kissed me, I pretty much made up my mind about giving up all strong emotions on him.  He didn't want me, not anymore as a child wanted a broken toy.  Though it kind of hurts to compare myself with a broken G.I. Joe - well in my case it'd probably be a teddy bear who lost both of his button eyes but I... oh, forget it.  I was trying to sound poetic but this shit isn't going to work.  The guy I was trying to fuck since I was a wee teenager turns out only to kiss me when he's dead drunk.  And plus, he pukes and passes out right after it happens.  It didn't really give me the confidence.

            I could go and try to find the Twins and convince them to take the shithead back but it sounds kind of hard for a guy whose blind to find two men he doesn't know where they are staying and where they even might go.  It's more pathetic when I realize I don't even know where they go to school or even work.

            I sighed when I got up and cracked my neck before wandering to the door.  I opened the door and walked down the hall to Adrian's apartment.  I knocked.  He didn't answer so I knocked again.  Once again, he didn't answer so I slammed on the door repeatedly.

            Suddenly the door was gone and I heard Adrian's voice, "What?"

            "Ethan puked and passed out and I can't see.  I need your help with cleaning him up.  And anyway, it'd be helpful if we could find the Twins to fix this whole thing," I crossed my arms and blinked up at him.

            "I'm off duty," he mumbled and I heard the door squeaking closed.

            I held my arm out and stopped it.  I smelled a strong scent of body wash and shampoo, I realized he must've just gotten out of the shower to answer the door.  I wondered if he was naked and before I could noticed my hand reached up and I made contact with his naked chest.  I tried not to smile when I asked, "Please tell me you forgot a towel."

            He sighed and opened the door wider, "Okay, I'll go help but then you have to go back to sleep."

            "Okay, Mom," I mumbled.  I heard him grab some clothing and put them on without a thought before tossing his keys into his pocket and then following me in the hall.  He froze halfway though and I turned around to frown, "What?"

            "The doors closed, did you grab the keys?"

            "It's not locked," I rolled my eyes and reached the handle to pull on it before slamming my head onto the wooden door, "It's locked."

            Adrian sighed loudly.

            "Do you have keys?" I asked.