Chapter Four: Dementophobia - Fear of Insanity

This is a boyxboy story: homosexual romance between two guys... yeah.  You've been warned.  Somewhat clean chapter...

***

Chapter Four: Dementophobia- Fear of Insanity

 Adam’s POV

“Get out of bed,” Ethan ordered me but I stayed in the sheets, hiding from the world… okay, I’m in the sheets because I’m cold and my throat hurts from screaming.  I looked up from my pillow and let my bottom lip curl for a cute puppy face only I could do.

            “Doesn’t work on me, Adam,” he told me.

            He must be lying.  When I looked only ten when I woke up in the mornings, I remember that much.  And if my body is covered, I probably even looked younger.  So I used it as an advantage.  I felt my dry eyes water from the cold air.  He groaned and left.

            Smiling in triumphant, I cuddled back into the sheets.  I sighed in contentment, I began to go in a sleep.  I didn’t even hear the footsteps.  I was tugged out of the bed and I struggled to grab onto something but I failed and found myself over a shoulder.  I immediately knew it was, “Alec, put me down!”

            “Kid, you don’t scare me,” he told me, ignoring my protests afterwards.

            I was put down on a couch, I felt someone beside me.  I frowned, “’Sup?”

            “Have a nice nap?” Alex asked.

            “I was a little disturbed,” I grumbled.

            He chuckled, “Nice boxers.”

            “I would say thank you,” I frowned, “But I don’t even know what I’m wearing so… yeah.”
            “Hot pink boxers,” he sounded very amused.

            I smiled, “Thank you then.”

            He snorted and put an arm around me.  He shuffled my hair, “I don’t think we need to adopt any time soon, I mean having Adam around is like having a kid.”

            I elbowed him in the gut, just making him laugh.  I frowned, giving up.  I cuddled in the warmth, “God damn it, get me a blanket or turn the heater on.  I’m fucking freezing.”

            “You swear a lot for such a small guy,” Alec said and I felt something dropped on my lap.  I wrapped the soft blanket around me.  Finally all warm, I felt my eyelids droop.  Someone lifted my feet up and put them on their lap.  I cuddled my feet and smiled.

            “Hi, Alec.”

            “How did you know it was me?”

             “I felt your sweater,” I told him, plainly.

            No answer.

            “Ethan hates sweaters.  He never wears them.  You on the other hand probably stole it from Alex even though you hate the look, you love how warm they make you,” I smiled.

            “How do you know I hate sweaters?” Ethan was across the room, I think.  His voice was distant.

            “Because, I’m observant,” I said.  It was the truth mostly but I was only observant with people I was close to and Ethan and I never really stayed close… mostly because it broke my heart that he was with the Twins.  But I was happy for him.  I was happy because he was happy with them.  I still watched Ethan from afar.