Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sarmassophobia - Fear of Love Play

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sarmassophobia- Fear of Love Play

 ♪Adam’s POV ♥

            "Isn't it, I don't know, protocol to ask name, date, and shit like that when people wake up from a coma?" the man asked, accusingly, at the doctor.

            "We did, but we didn't have the chance to tell you before you hung up," the doctor replied, calmly.

            "This is something you put up first hand," the man grumbled, his voice getting deeper with anger and his eyes flickering something murderous.  He lightened his voice to imitate another's, "'Adam Jones has woken up but it seems he has amnesia!'"

            "We usually try to settle the person in!" the doctor was now getting agitated.

            "Well, oh my God," he had a false sense of sincerity in his voice, "I'm so inconsiderate, I mean, I'm not the one who's friend has woken up with no memories of his past whatsoever.  Oh, wait, I am!"

            "You hung up before the nurse was able to say more than a few words!  It's not my fault, nor the hospital's fault that this has happened!" the doctor argued.

            "You're not the ones who have to deal with it, now do you?!" the man yelled back.

            The doctor was about to yell something back before a man, who was sitting in the chair, reading a magazine, quipped something in, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but instead of arguing, shouldn't you be helping the patient?"

            "Yeah, shouldn't you?" the man said, impatiently.

            "Oh, shut up, Adrian.  No matter how much you scream at the poor man, he doesn't have super-powers.  This happened not because of the doctor.  You hung up before the nurse even got a word in and rushed over here before we could get something to eat.  And by the way, I am hungry," the man said, knowingly while flipping to the next page of the magazine, "Oh, look, Justin Bieber got into more shit.  Poor bastard."

            "Ajay, you aren't helping either," the man who I assumed was Adrian said.

            Ajay sighed and looked up, "I don't even know the guy, and sadly, the guy doesn't even know himself.  So why don't you do this?  Instead of arguing with the doctor, you'll help poor old Adam there with whatever he want, huh?"

            "I... don't know how to approach the situation," Adrian muttered.

            "Excuse...?" I began.

            "You answer the questions he asks, it's not rocket science," Ajay said, flipping the page of the magazine, feigning indifference.

            Adrian looked at Ajay before glancing at me.  He opened his mouth and closed it, looking like he was out of words.  He shrugged and sighed, "What do you remember?"

           "That I was leaving home for New York."

            "You don't remember anything about living here, what you did, or who were your friends here?"

            "No," I blinked.  Honestly, I don't think I want to remember.  When I left home, I had no idea what I was planning to do.  I just wanted to get anyway from there.  I couldn't deal with that family anymore.  They were just too controlling.  The homophobia ran rampant at the home and I was the main victim it terrorized.  But even before that, they wanted to control who were my friends, what school activities I'm in, what classes to take.  The second I turned eighteen, I packed the stuff I owned and ran out the house.  I didn't even wait until it was a reasonable time, I just left.  I barely finished high school and even though I wanted to go to college, I couldn't afford it and no one would pay for it.  And without a college degree, I might as well die.