Chapter Twenty: Enochlophobia - Fear of Crowds

This is a boyxboy story.  If you haven't caught the drift by the 20th part you have problems.  This quick update was because of the 15 votes in aday, I'm so proud of y'all!

CHAPTER IS NOT CLEAN!!!! IT'S DIRTY!!!! VERY DIRTY!!!!

***

Chapter Twenty: Enochlophobia - Fear of Crowds

♪Adam’s POV ♥

            I sat in the back seat and frowned when Oz stayed silent while we waited for Adrian to come and join us.  I rubbed my eyes, barely leaking tears but still, tears were coming.  I coughed to get rid of the sour throat from holding my breath and in a hoarse voice I said, "Why did you...?"  I left it unsaid and when I didn't, he shrugged.

            "It reminded me of..." he sighed and looked down, "Okay, just don't blurt it out to Adrian, 'kay?"  Left unsaid, he continued, "I am in love with Adrian, since I first out I was gay.  Even when I was fucking Nicky and doing shit, I was always in love with Adrian.  And Adrian... he had a thing for someone else.  And you know what?  I knew the whole time and said nothing.  And guess what happened in the end?  The guy was traumatized.

            "Some people don't know that their friends butt in for their greater good.  So what if we know their personal lives, it's part of being a friend and shielding them from the scars we've probably already have.  A parent doesn't warn it's child about sex with a stranger and then turns a blind eye when the child does it, the parent should shield him or her from the pain.  A brother wouldn't hear about his brother getting hurt and not kick the other guy's ass.  A woman wouldn't let a stray child cry and just walk pass, she would help the kid.  It's should be the same for a friend."

            When he finished his speech, I was little amazed.  Who knew Oz was poetic?  I wondered and grinned, almost forgetting Ethan, "Wow, where did that come?"

            Oz sighed and I heard him move around, "I may have a lot of one night stands and I might have a lot of drunk moments, but when you are alone in this world except for a small group of friends - and some of those friends don't even like me - I guess you have a lot of extra time on your hand to think.  Adrian has his art and his guitar.  I have a library full of accounting sheets and math tables."

            "You do that?  Like actually give a shit about the business?" I asked, shocked.

            He chuckled, "Hell yeah.  Look, here, the business is one of the biggest gaming industries in the world.  We co-produced Black Ops, Skyrim, CoD, and Silent Hill Redemption.  We are the shit.  And I'm proud to be able to be one of the people who can someday be part of the creation.  Plus, I suck at literature and I suck at anything artist but I'm actually good at math."

            I blinked, "Lucky.  I failed Geometry twice and barely passed the third time around."

            He laughed and I heard his jacket scruff as he shrugged his shoulders, "My dad was actually really impressed by it.  I got alright grades, Bs and Cs but I got an A in math every time, no matter if it was Pre-Algebra or AP Calculus.  He said I got it from my mom, because he sucked at it.  A lot of people don't get it but numbers are easy, it's people and words they make that are hard."

            "... What happened to Adrian?  He told me that your dad helped him get his life straight, what happened that was so...?" I leaned in my seat, "sad, horrible?"

            "He's convinced he killed his best friend and that his brother hates him," he said, short in tone, "Neither are true."

            "His best friend?  What happened?"