(16) Punishment of silence

"Silence isn't empty, it is full of emotions"- Krishnendu Gupta.

In the mid-day:-

In Indraprastha Apollo hospital:-

In the Neurology department:-

Two doctors and almost twenty assistant doctors were busy in discussing a severely critical patient with an injury in spinal cord and brain tumor.

Dr. Navarun Kumar:- Dr. Krishnendu! I think, we need to do Biopsy in this case. We can't remove the tumor fully from his brain. It already started elaborating it's space and the patient has also the injury in spinal cord.

Dr. Krishnendu Gupta:- But there is a little space left till now, between his spinal cord and the tumor. I think, we should try to remove it first. Except the spinal cord, there is no other major veins and tissues in the way of the tumor. Side by side, in case of spinal cord, we are getting space. It will not harm the spine again.

Dr. Navarun Kumar:- But the slightest hurting touch on the spine, can push him to the death. This can damage his spine more and as he already had the spine injury due to the falling of stone, it would be a huge risk. I think, we have to wait for one week to arrenge a medical Board and on the next week, many foreign doctors are also arriving in the hospital. It would be best.

Dr. Krishnendu Gupta:- What are you saying, Navarun? Till now, he has a chance to be fit and fine and if we wait for one week, then; due to the Sacration of Growth hormone, the tumor will severely swallow the path to the spinal cord. It will become too huge to remove. Then, it will be out of doctors' hands. This may push to the difficulties like Coma, brain death or Bedridden! We can't wait for one week!

Dr. Navarun Kumar:- But, this is a do Or die situation!

Dr. Krishnendu Gupta:- Let's hope for the best!

Dr. Navarun Kumar:- I believe, everything will be alright.

Dr. Krishnendu Gupta:- Exactly so. Now, let's proceed towards operation theatre!

Both the doctors became ready for the operation. Before entering into the operation theatre, they moved towards the temple of Lord Krishna in the hospital, folded their hands and prayed for the success of the operation.

After that, both the doctors, several nurses, many assistant doctors and some health workers went inside the operation theatre. All the family members of the patient were waiting outside, resisting their breath. Every second was passing like the heaviest burden for them. After some hours, the doctors came out of the operation theatre, with broad smiles on their faces. Observing the doctors departure from the operation theatre, all of them walked near them.