Chapter Twenty

Passion's POV

"There is a disturbing amount of...videos...that are being linked from an adult website page. Students and teachers are whispering around saying that it is you who owns this account." Principal Clearance muttered, adjusting his tie showing clear discomfort.

I sighed heavily, my chest growing heavy with embarrassment and shame. I couldn't look the man in the eyes knowing I'd burst out into tears because everyone knows my secret. I couldn't even lie about it. My nails dug into the leather chair as my breathing became even heavier.

I really needed Maddox.

"Um...Well..." I muttered out nervously, avoiding the principal's gaze, linking everywhere but him. "I don't entirely k-know what this is. Or w-why people would s-say but-"

He rose his hand in the air to silence me, his face morphed into disappointment and he coughed harshly. "I thought maybe I'd get an honest explanation from you be it seems I thought wrong,"

I furrowed my brows and looked up at the man in front of me. He adjusted the files on his desk, more specifically the one with my name on it. "I-I'm sorry, sir but what do you mean?"

He stood up from his desk along with picked up my file in his callous hands and walked around his desk. He sighed heavily before rubbing his wrinkled temple, planting the file back on his desk. "I was hoping as a student I've never had to worry about, you'd tell the truth. But I see not," He sighed again heavily before clicking his tongue.

"You were entertaining Mr. Stewart one afternoon for "extra credit" He stated in his statement. You had enticed your teacher into a video call for explicit activities."

My eyes widened even more at his words and I shook my head. "N-No, N-No sir, there's a big misunderstanding. He forced me to"

"There are messages, Miss Rush, between you and your teacher showing that you were the first to push this behavior forth."

"No I-I, it's not true!"

"There's evidence Miss Rush. I think that's quite enough to expel you from this school. This is one of the most prestigious schools in New York, so your behavior will not ruin our reputation. Your lucky he didn't report you to the SRO or any officer for that matter."

I whimpered and flinched at his hard tone, my stomach pitted with nausea. I watched with teary eyes as he pulled out paperwork, presuming it's the expulsion paperwork. He signed a few  lines of the paperwork before switching it to me to sign, before sending me on my way.

I was escorted by the SRO to get my belonging from my locker and then finally escorted outside of the campus grounds. I dialed my aunt's number several times, sighing heavily when I didn't get an answer, I just decided to take the bus to my street.

As I sat my head against the window of the bus I cried silently. Everything had gone to shit so quickly and I didn't even have a chance to fix it. Everything had been ruined for me.

Or I ruined everything for me. Maybe life was meant to be bad for some. Maybe it was meant to be this bad for others. My heart seemed to ache harder at my dreadful thoughts and my eyes seemed to be a faucet.

I got off the bus when it stopped on my street and walked five more miles down the street till I was at my house with a box of stuff in my hands. I opened the door to dead silence and a dark house. The only light is from the window with the half-opened blinds.

"Auntie?" I muttered loudly.

Dead silence again made my heart jump with fear.

I dropped my box of stuff on the ground and immediately ran up the stairs towards her room. The door cracked slightly, with no sound of anything coming from behind her door. I pushed it open and my entire heart stopped beating completely for a split moment.

Maddox's POV

It was finally the end of the day, but I hadn't seen Passion all morning. I talked to Theo about the who situation considering her was bugging the shit out of me about it. I looked for her during lunch be had no luck of finding her and it worried me.

Guys who had seen the videos of her whispered and smiled, telling me how much I was lucky to hit that. It only made me even angrier for all the girls that seemed to shit talk her.

Known of my messages or calls to her had been returned, so I after packing up I ran to my car and drove to her house.

The door was unlocked, which set off all alarms inside my head, and I immediately checked the downstairs before running upstairs.

Soft weeps enforced my ears as I made it to the top of the stairs, I followed them to find Passion on the floor cradling her aunt's unconscious body, tears leaking unlimitedly from her eyes. I reached down to check her aunt's pulse and my breath hitched in my throat.

No pulse at all.