Chapter Twenty-One

Maddox's POV

"We are absolutely so proud of you son, so proud! Your all grown up and ready to start your own life in the world!"

I huffed angrily as I pushed my plate forward with my hand, rejecting the plate of delicious food my mother cooked.

It had been five months since Passion had contacted me. The last time I had ever seen of her was when everyone was talking about her getting suspended. Her house was empty and no trace of her was left behind. She had disappeared.

A month or so ago, we had graduated. Well, she would've if she were there to receive her diploma. But I hadn't heard a word from her in the longest. Neither had Theo or her friends, but after a while, they stopped trying to contact her.

Her phone was still on so she was receiving all my messages, voicemails, calls. She just next returned or answered them.

I missed her deeply.

"Listen, Babe, stuff happens and people leave. It's okay Maddy-"

"Don't call me that mom," I huffed. "Maddox, call me Maddox."

My father's hands formed fists and crashed into the table causing a loud bang. "Damnit, You're going to California tomorrow for the university, I don't give a shit for much longer you need to sulk over this girl but you need to move on."

I clenched my jaw and shoved the chair back to get up. My eyes hardened and met my father's matching eyes before I turned away and marched up the stairs. My room had been emptied of all furniture besides my bed, boxes filling the rest of the space.

I shut my door behind me, locking it so no one could come in. My eyes watered as my father's words replayed in my ears.

He was right. Utterly and completely right. I needed to move on because Passion was gone.

I was so desperately hoping I'd hear from her but I guess not.

My foot flew up and kicked the boxes in front of me causing the box to spill over. Rage filled my body just as tears of realization did too. I yelled raggedly as I lost control of my body and emotions and started to kick and throw the boxes around. Glass sounded throughout the room after one of the boxes hit the wall.

My breathing sounded heavily and short as I collapsed to the floor with my hands to my head. Pounding knocks started on my door but I ignored it and clenched my teeth harshly together as I cried.

"Maddox! Maddox what the he-" My mothers filled my ears. Her hands rubbed at my back as she shushed me, pulled my tense body into hers. "Shhhh, baby. It's okay. You're okay. You're fine."

She kissed my head of hair, softly cooing me just like she did when I was a find.

"Let it all out."

I sighed heavily as I walked out of the university, Theo by my side as we walked down the stairs.

"What a boring fucking class, when do we get to the good shit?" Theo yawned, stretching.

"That was like an orientation Theo, We start tattooing when we're ready," I replied walking to my side of the car.

It had been at least two days since I arrived in California with Theo. My little meltdown had me drained the first day here so I stayed in and cried some more until Theo dragged me out of bed and told me to clean myself up.

"I can't wait to get into my bed," I sighed as I cranked the car.

"Who said we're going home, to the strip club buddy! There while here and I heard they've got good liquor." He smirked relaxing back.

I glanced over at him with a bored stare. "Theo, I'm tired."

"Just one drink buddy, please!" He pleaded.

"Fine," I muttered cranking the car.

My head was pounded.

This motherfucker said one drink – and yet three drinks in he's grinding against a couple of strippers in our lounging area.

I threw my head back and closed my eyes, gripping the empty glass.

"You look bored buddy," A familiar voice sang. I threw my head back up and met the eyes of someone I thought I'd never see. Her body was clad in lingerie, revealing her assets to the man lurking in the club.

"Your glass is empty baby, you want a drink?" Her eyes scanned me, not even knowing who I was. "Or a free dance?"

I leaned forward smiling widely. "How about a name baby, your real one."

She smiled irritatedly almost, her posture changed quickly. "And who wants to know my name?"

"Maddox does."

Yes the chapter was short but i couldn't wait to reunite them. Butttt the last chapter is going to be long and dirty :)