11

DANTE POV:
As Nina and I went out more, the more I got to know her. I looked around the woods and find it real beautiful that the sky is when the stars are out. My dad sent another threatening message,

'I see that you and Kaia decided to not come home...Fine! You both are no longer my son and daughter, I hope you two are happy!!
Dad'

I ripped the letter up,"Dante, is everything okay?" Nina asked and I told her everything. And Nina was shocked but she gave me a hug,"It's ok, you and Kaia can stay with us as long as you guys want to." She said to me and then gave me a peck on my lips, Nina gave me a small kiss.

The next morning, when the sun filled the room, I woke up and I found Nina sleeping on my chest. She was cute but I didn't wanna wake her up, I remember the last time she told me that she almost kicked her brother's ass when he woke her up the wrong way. But when Kaia came in, she saw I was getting better but she was worried that dad might take us away.. I didn't want to see my little sister be wed to an older person, No way!!!

But I made it clear that I'd never want anyone touching MY BABY SISTER!!! Especially mom and dad, including that old man she has to wed. I will NOT let anyone touch her, other than Alex because that's her real mate and partner for life. I want my sister to be happy and cheerful again. And I'm willing to protect my sister!!

NINA POV:
As I slept in Dante's arms, I felt safe but I was so worried about Kaia. Because after Dante told me that their parents forced her to marry an elderly merman...I was heartbroken of what he wanted to do with her. I woke up the next day and Dante was still sleeping,"*sigh* Dante...Dante, wake up.." I say and when he woke up, he looked around and yawned,"What's up, Nina?" He says and I've told him that I have beta duty and that I was worried about Kaia."It'll be okay, Nina. I'm sure of it." He tells me. I gave him a hug,"I hope so, Dante.." I whispered then he planted a kiss on my forehead,"Go do your beta duty, I'll watch my sister." He said and I listened, although he is my mate, I began to worry about him and Kaia, since they're royals of a mermaid family and that the family is forcing Kaia to marry someone that she doesn't love.

Alex was all fired up,"Nina, Friel; I want you two to keep an eye on her parents if they come, hide Kaia." He says and I gave a nod,"Understood Alpha." Friel gave a nod too, but Kaia and Dante's parents came and I hide along with Kaia.

Dante, Friel and Alex were talking to them but all Kaia heard was her parents shouting."Where's Kaia!?! She must marry the elderly merman!! He pays good money for her!" Her father said but he grossed me out, he sold his own daughter!!! Who would do that!?!

Then I heard her mother,"Dante what were you two thinking running away from us like that, you both are a disappointment and disgrace to our family!" Then all of the sudden Dante grew angrier,"Why, WHY!?! Because you sold Kaia to an old merperson and forced her to marry him! You spoiled our brothers!? We're supposed to protect her not sell her out until she becomes miserable!!! You forced me and her to do your 'Royal swim or something' All because Kaia couldn't stand your rules and dress code!!! She had to be topless and covered herself with her hair!!?! Do you know how much pain she was in?! Or how much support she wanted because she wanted to find someone she loves!? No you didn't, all you cared about were yourselves and you had the audacity to show up and take us back after you sent us the threatening letters!?!? Dad, mom....Me and Kaia are staying away from you, and when she gets married, don't you dare ask about grandkids because I'll tell my nieces and nephews about how bad grandpa and grandma are after they tried to sell their mom." Dante said, he was emotional too,"Dante you really don't mean that you're not letting me and your father see our grandkids?" His mother asked and Dante backed off,"Real parents don't sell their daughter away and let her brother watch his sister be in so much pain and misery." Were the last words that Dante said to them and walked off. Their parents were disappointed and left. Kaia and I came out of hiding,"A-are they gone?" Kaia whispered to me and I nodded.

I hugged her while she cried,"I'm so sorry, Kai." And Dante was relieved, Friel also joined in on the hug,"You're safety now is more important, Kaia. Don't ever forget that." Friel said.

"What a day..." I say with a sigh, Dante's clothes were on the floor and when I laid stretched out on the bed, he was there."Dante!?" I said while I fell off the bed."Oh hey Nina, thank you for everything, my sister is really happy that she has friends like you and Friel. Now come into bed please, it's real lonely." He said and I took my beta uniform off and got into bed. My clothes were laid out on the floor but Dante was so cute when he's sleeping, I fell asleep after that but I never forget that Dante wasn't perfect but he's the best mate ever.

Friel POV:
Kaia was looking out the window with a sad look on her face, I couldn't tell what was wrong at first but she was finally free now."Kaia, everything alright?" I asked and she charged into a hug and she was crying,"No, mom and dad caused a lot of trauma for me....I-I'm so scared the same thing will happen.." she said and I hugged Kaia back,"It'll be ok, I promise. Alexander, Nina, Dante and I will never ever let anything happen to you and Dante isn't gonna be happy if he finds his sister still in pain." I said and Alex watched as Kaia cried herself to sleep."What's wrong with her?" He asked,"Al, she's scared of the same thing but poor bestie, she had nothing to do with all of this. But we have to be there for her. Because who knows what will hurt her." I say and Alex nodded and carried her to their bedroom. I sighed, what a day.

But I began to wonder why the hell her parents came and sold her to an old man. They caused trauma and pain to my best friend. I better make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

 I better make sure that something like this doesn't happen again