14

𝓚𝓐𝓘𝓐 𝓟𝓞𝓥:
I woke up in a strange room, there was an alpha with midnight blue hair, sleeping with me. I nuzzled closer to him and fell back to sleep, "Good morning." He yawned and I hid from him, 'Where am I? Wh-why the hell am I here?' I thought. "It's ok, you're in my territory, your old mate rejected you, but don't worry I'm not like that. I'm Jaiden, you must be Kaia." He said with a warm smile.

Does he know that I'm literally naked right now and in front of him!? I backed away from Jaiden until I fell off the bed, he caught me before I even hit the floor, "Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked and I felt a little sting in my back, the scar was still there.

I hid in the covers still, hiding myself. "Kaia what are you hiding?" Jaiden asked, I looked at him, but turned away. He lifted the blanket and saw everything, I wanted to hide but he pulled me into a hug, his beta came in and saw me, "I'm so sorry alpha! I didn't know she was awake." He said, Jaiden gave the most deadliest glare, "If you ever get my mate worked up or even hurt a single strand of hair, I'll beat your ass. Got it?" He said, his beta gulped and nodded, after he left, Jaiden looked at me, "It's ok now, or did you just want to stay like this." He said and I placed my head in his chest, 'Shut up, you silly alpha.' I mind linked, he was astonished that I mind linked him to shut up.

"So you can mind link someone but you're mute until your voice comes back?" Jaiden asked and I nodded my head, he understood everything, "Kaia, your brother told me what happened. Honestly, I feel terrible that you were kidnapped and almost died to the lack of body heat, but Alex, your ex mate...found a new Luna and your friends are here." He said. I saw Nina and Friel running towards me. "Kaia!!" Nina cried, "Kaia, Nina and I heard what happened, Dante had a good reason too, Alex didn't listen to us when we straight up told him that he lost you. Kaia you're our best friend and we'll help you if there's any trouble." Friel said and I cried in both of their arms.

Jaiden smiled and gave me a hug, Dante walked in and saw Nina, he hugged her but wondered what were they doing here.

"Nina, what are you doing here?" Dante Asked and Nina still cried in his chest, "Alex has changed, he became really ruthless and found a new mate and we know that Kaia's really heartbrokened. And threatened that he'll kill you, Dante. So Friel and I ran away." Nina said with tears in her eyes, Friel wanted the alpha to take them in as well.

I went in the pool and dove in the water, I stayed there and saw the rays of the moonlight, 'It's really beautiful.' I thought. Jaiden came in and saw me, 'Shit!!! He saw me!' I say in my head. He swam over to me and grabbed my hand, he pulled me up for air. "Kaia..You're so cute!" He said and I looked at him, 'I am not cute if you think that.' I mind linked. Jaiden looked at me, "Why? I think you're the most adorable thing on earth!! I know exactly how you feel when my ex mate decided to hurt me. Kaia it'll be ok." Jaiden said and he hugged me, I blushed. 'Jaiden, I-I'm topless..let go of me!!' I mind linked, but he didn't care about that at all, "It's fine, Kaia. I'm fine with it, I know this heartbreak is permanent on you but don't lose hope, promise me that, ok?" He said and I cried. 'J-Jaiden' I mind linked, but his arms went around me as I cried.

I lost my mate..my voice..everything except for my friends, brother and a new mate as well.

I thank the moon goddess for seeing something that I didn't before and for a new mate too. I guess she knows what she's doing after all.

𝓙𝓪𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥:
Kaia cried in my chest, I got her out of the water before she remained a mermaid in the morning. She fell asleep on me too, I find it real cute, Dante looked over, "Kaia will cry herself to sleep sometimes when something happens, or if I get hurt but don't worry, she'll be ok. Just traumatized by mom and dad selling her. But don't let anything happen to her." He told me and I looked at the sleeping mermaid, Finn mind linked me.

'Dude, mate went through a lot. We should help her, I don't give a fuck if she's mute. She's still ours!! Bro in law wants us to protect her!'

I know Finn but in some way we can, we'll help her.

I watched her tail disappear and turned into legs, she nuzzled closer to me. I gotta say it was so cute too, I went to bed holding her in my arms. Kaia was still asleep and was really close to me, I felt her warmth all over me; "Kaia, wake up, you mermaid cutie." I said and she nuzzled me, '5 more minutes, I wanna sleep more.' Was all she said in her mind link with me. "Okay, but do you mind if I take my clothes off?" I asked and she just slept. I took my clothes off and pulled her to the side of the bed where I was. Kaia was startled and blushed a deep red, 'What the hell is wrong with you! Put some clothes on!!' Kaia mind linked and I laughed, "No. Besides you changed into your mermaid form and didn't wear clothes and I want to be like this. I want you to know that I love you. I love every little thing about you, Kaia." I said and she looked at me, 'I am mute Jaiden and I have a scar on my back from when I fell off a waterfall.' She tells me.

"I don't care about that...I only love the little details,flaws and even your scars, Kai. Look at mine, I have a scar on my chest for some reason and did I care? No I like my scars and I love yours the most." I said and Kaia smiled at me, 'Yea, I guess so. Thank you alpha!' She blushed and apologized, I lifted her chin, "Call me Jaiden from now on. You're my mate so, I'm fine with you calling me cute or something." I say to her and she hugged me, I guess she was really happy.