16

KAIA POV:
Jaiden took me out on a date and I blushed, this was my first date and my first time dressing up for it too. And after the date, Jaiden held my hand while walking in the woods, "Are you happy here with me, Kaia?" Jaiden asked, I looked at him and gave a nod.

I took a bath when we got back, my head was spinning and I blushed after Jaiden kissed me for the first time. I stared at the ceiling and wondered for a minute, then Jaiden came in and I hid myself, "Hey Kaia, I was wondering if you wanted to borrow my clothes for the night?" Jaiden asked and I nodded and he didn't mind sitting near me, "You're silly" I said and he laughed. Jaiden held his hand on my face, "you're literally the most beautiful girl I've ever met,Kaia." Jaiden said and kissed me again. I blushed and kissed back, then when he backed away. At first I couldn't fathom of what happened and the a crimson red crept on my face, I covered my face from Jaiden and he gently grabbed both of my hands, and literally placed them on his face, "Kaia, it's ok. I love being around you and don't let anyone take that fire from you because you are very beautiful and intelligent. Never let anyone trample you with their thoughts or opinions. Promise me that." He said, "Yes, I promise Jaiden." I say and kissed his forehead, after the bath; I wrapped a towel around me and I wore Jaiden's clothes, although they were really big, but they were very comfy. I walked out of the bathroom, "The bath's free." I remarked and brushed my hair a bit, then I thought what would it be like if I dyed my hair a different color, but then again Dante would kick my butt. And I used my water powers to give my hair some blue-green highlights in my hair.

Jaiden was off to his alpha duties the next morning, I sat near his office door and waited until he was done. His beta, Peter saw me. He sat next to me, "Good morning miss Kaia, why are you sitting near his office?" He asked and I looked at him, "Well, if Jaiden takes long, I'd wait for him. Just because He and I are mates it doesn't mean that we can't wait for each other." I said and Peter was amazed, "Yea, my mate isn't really nice, she threatened to break up with me. And we broke up, because she hurt me real bad. But I hope that I find a mate whose like you and always be there for me through bad times, Luna." Peter said and I gave him a hug because he's my friend, I wanna be there for him to, just like how Dante would do for me.

Jaiden was finished his alpha duties and Peter patted me on the head, "Well alpha, you're mate here decided to wait for you if you take long working or in meetings and she's the right one for you. And I hope I'd find someone who is just like her." He said walking away and Jaiden smiled, "Kaia, you know you don't have to wait for me but I guess it can't be helped because even though I heard everything about what you said, you were right." Jaiden tells me.

Jaiden went to go shower and I made the bed, I fluffed the pillow and I felt like it was missing something, stuffed animals. I went in the closet and tossed them on the bed. 'And done!' I thought, Jaiden lifted and twirled me around. "Jaiden put me down!" I giggled and he placed me down, "Alright Kaia, I love you." He says and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. I sat on the bed and bended water while laying on my back.

Jaiden walked over to me and patted my head, "Hey silly girl." He said and I smiled at him. We laid in bed and I still wondered for a bit.

Jaiden noticed that I was so curious but he thought it was cute. I fell asleep in his chest later on, "You silly mermaid, you're adorable." Jaiden whispered and kissed my forehead.

JAIDEN POV:
Kaia fell asleep on my chest later on, she was so cute and adorable. I marked her on her neck a little bit while she was sleeping, but I didn't wanna scare her to death, besides she'll kick my butt. I fell asleep too after that.

I woke up and played in Kaia's hair, 'she's so beautiful and cute.' My wolf Finn said. I smiled, 'She is. She's so adorable when she's asleep.' I said back to him. Kaia woke up and ruffled my hair, "Morning Jay." She said and I blushed because she gave me a nickname, "morning Kai." I said to her. Kaia and I stayed in bed for a little longer, for a mermaid she does stay really close a lot. Peter knocked on the door and told me that rouges were here.

Kaia came along with me and when i was almost at a brink of death soon, Kaia controlled water with her hands. Dante and Nina fought off and killed the rouges, "ENOUGH!!!" The person yelled and it was Alex. Kaia healed my scars up and when I looked at her, she blushed in an instant.

"What the hell do you want Alex!" Nina yelled, and Dante held her hand. "I want your mate to come fight me, he shouldn't have left the pack in the first place and now he must pay!" He said and Kaia was shook, "Dante, no! I can't lose you.." she said sadly, Dante took one last look at her, "It'll be okay, baby sis, Nina will take care of you while I'm gone." He said, "Jaiden promise me that whatever happens protect my sister." He tells me and I nodded.

Alex and Dante fought each other and then that's when the painful thing happened, Alex grabbed Dante's heart out of his chest, Kaia was not happy about this, Nina cried because she lost her mate and because Kaia lost her one and only brother.

Alex remained the victor at this point, "Aw is the little mermaid sad?" He slurred, Kaia slapped the shit out of him. "You killed my brother, are you satisfied of what you did!? You made me feel this way since you broke my heart!! I can't believe I had to put up with someone like you!!!" Kaia shouted, Alex was speechless and shocked of what he did and Kaia fainted. I caught her, her tears streamed down her face, poor Kaia.

We held Dante's funeral, but Nina was really sad and depressed. She visited his grave almost every day, talking to him. Kaia was in the hospital and this time, it wasn't good. "Alpha Jaiden, I have bad news. Your mate is fully mute now. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother in law too." The doctor said and I sat and cried, my beautiful mate has lost her voice for good. But I promise that I'll kick Alex's ass for it too.

I went over to his territory and beat the hell out of him, "Are you happy now? Kaia has lost her voice for good now and it's thanks to you for killing her brother! Look what you did, you hurt the mate of Nina and brother of Kaia. I hope you're satisfied of what you done to the people that missed Dante." I said and then left.

Nina visited her best friend, "Kaia, I know you can hear me but don't worry, we will get through this." She said holding Kaia's hand, who's unconscious still. Friel watched them, "Kaia hasn't woken up yet and also she will wake up in another two days. Dante would always make Nina smile but now he's gone, man. I wish I could tell him that I missed his silly ways of making my sister happy, but his own sister has lost her voice forever, that loss on Kaia has really taken its toll on her." He said and I missed Dante too. He was only 29 and Kaia is 21 now.

Two days passed and Kaia woke up, she saw me sleeping on her in wolf form, I felt her hand on my face, 'Kaia!! You're awake!' I mind linked. She patted my head and I licked all over her face, I was happy but sad that I couldn't hear that angelic voice of hers. Kaia hugged me and I nuzzled into her. Peter came to visit too. "Luna I'm so sorry about your brother and feel better soon." He said and brought his new mate with him. "Hi Luna, I'm Kushiro and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you get well soon." She said and hugged Kaia. Peter was happy that the Luna is alright but worried that something like this will happen again so he doubled the guards and tripled the unit system too.

Kaia came towards me and gave me a big hug. "Hi babe." I said and she blushed, I laughed and kissed her head.