13

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓪 𝓟𝓞𝓥:
I woke up in a dark basement, I struggled to get free but I was chained up. "Well look who's awake." The person said, it was the man that my father sold me to. I growled and hissed, but he slapped me, the memories flooded when mom,dad and my six brothers slapped me. "Now shut up, princess or I'll end your life." He said.

I screamed for my mate and brother to come save me, I screamed and shouted as loud as I could but he beat me, "Now be a good girl and don't scream." He slurs and I bended water at him, I ran into the woods and jumped off the ledge. The river became rapid and I could hardly keep up.

I fell into the waterfall but I got injured, I rose
for air, "Damn it!" I whispered, the injury was up to my shoulder blade and half way down my back, my tail disappeared as I ran to a cave. The rock cut me real good, but I waited for Alex to come and get me.

Alex..Dante...
I closed my eyes.

And when I woke up, I was in the hospital. I saw Alex holding my hand while sleeping and Dante stood while he slept, I wanted to say something but I couldn't, I lost my voice!

'Alex' I mind linked, his wolf, Dylan yipped for joy, 'Kaia!! You're ok! We all missed you and Alex almost killed the man that kidnapped you. But you lost your voice... I'm sorry..' Dylan said and I linked him back

'It's ok, I'm glad you guys saved me before I passed out due to the lack of body heat.'

Alex woke up and his eyes were red from crying. "Kaia..you're ok.." he said and I mind linked him, 'I lost my voice, I can't speak or sing to you...I'm sorry' He looked at me in sadness.

"No, I'm sorry for not coming for you, I should have saved you by now, and now you're injured. Dante was really mad, but he knows you did a survival instinct in case you've been kidnapped." He told me, I hugged him. Alex hugged back, but he looked into my eyes, "Kaia, I'm really glad that you're alright." Alex said while cuddling me, "I hate to break it to you two, but I need to be alone with my sister." Dante said. Alex, Nina and Friel left the room, Dante stood there, I couldn't comprehend what was happening since the injury on my back, "Kaia, You scared me to death but I'm so glad that you're safe and sound, the doctor said that in a few years or so, your voice will return but the sad part is that you damaged your vocal cords from screaming so much. But you had to escape from that guy either way." Dante said.

I remembered that I screamed so loud that I bended water and escaped. Then jumped off the ledge and fell down a waterfall with sharp rocks after that fall. Basically I survived, but I'll have to be mute from now on. Alex was worried but he stayed near me, but I know there's something wrong. Alex was still crying after what happened.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, when he turned around and saw me, Alex pulled me into a tight hug. "Kaia..I'm so sorry, please don't get hurt again." He said and I nodded my head.

𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁 𝓟𝓞𝓥:
After Kaia was discharged from the hospital, I watched her sleep so soundly, but I was sad that my own mate was mute after trying to save herself. Nina gave me a notepad and pen so I can tell her what was wrong.

Kaia was mute now, I had Nina and Dante interrogate the man that kidnapped her, because the man should have never touched Dante's little sister. I wondered what was going to happen but I knew that she'll always be my mate.

One day, one of the pack members forced a kiss on me and I shoved her, "Why are you so cold to me, Alpha?" She asked and I growled, "I have a mate, and leave me alone!" I said walking away, She laughed wickedly, "She's a mute mermaid freak!! She's a worthless mate, spend time with me and I'll show you what she's missing." She slurred, I walked away and Dante was a little hurt but surprised, "Make sure that you always stay true." He said and I did.

Kaia is my mate and partner, I can't break her heart, Dylan loved Kaia a lot, he was talking to her day by day,
'Don't you dare hurt mate, Bro in law is already pissed off!!'

Dylan was pissed off too, 'Shut the hell up, she's mute!' I screamed and Kaia ran away, she heard everything.

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮 𝓟𝓞𝓥:
I saw the moon goddess and she told me about Alex, he's hurting my sister, "Leave this pack, I will show you a good pack with their alpha, Kaia will have another chance. Dante protect your youngest sister..." she said and left.

I woke up and started packing, I carried Kaia with me and i made sure that I left a note for Nina...

Kaia slept along the way. I saw a pack,Winter rose-moon pack, they welcomed me with open arms, their alpha, Jaiden ,was really surprised to see my sister. "She's really beautiful, what's her name?" He asked, "Kaia." I say and he moved her hair out of her face, "What happened to her?" Jaiden wanted to know what happened, so I told him that she was kidnapped and almost died, but her ex mate kind of rejected her.

"But I'm glad that she's still alive, let her stay in my room, I'll protect her with my life if I have to." Jaiden said, I left Kaia in his room, she slept soundly. I talked with Jaiden outside, "If you hurt my sister, I'll make sure that I'll kick your sorry ass." I said, Jaiden understood what I meant, "I understand, but when will she speak?" He asked and I told him that she was mute.

"I'm so sorry, I'll find a way to talk to her, and thank you for telling me what happened, Dante. I hope that we can be friends." He tells me.

I was relieved and sad that I left Nina, I hope she understands why I had to leave.

Nina and Friel found the note and Nina cried, "Alex!! You hurt Kaia and now Dante can't trust you!! I'm going to go find him but I won't come back!" Nina said, Alex didn't care, Friel also left with Nina to look for me. But I was hurt that my sister was mute and heartbroken because of her stupid ass ex mate, Alexander.

(Alpha Jaiden)

(Alpha Jaiden)