15

JAIDEN POV:
As the days go by, I got to know Kaia a little more. I was in my office doing the paperwork until my beta, Peter, came in. "Hey alpha, your mate is sitting by the door waiting for you. Should I let her in?" He asked, I know Kaia would be lonely a lot, "Sure, let her in." I say and when Kaia came in, she looked at me while tilting her head. "Kaia, I knew you'd be lonely. You could've told me that you wanted to be in here. But I guess it can't be helped, come here." I said to her.

I pulled Kaia onto my lap, she laid her head on my chest. "You're cute and also very stubborn." I said and she playfully punched me, "Ok ok, I get it but I just love your cuteness." I tell her and she blushed a crimson red, Kaia grabbed a paper and pen, she started writing,

'Sh-shut up! I-I love you too, ok!! Damn it you're stubborn as hell!'

I laughed it off, "Aww Kaia, I'm sorry I made you become flustered." I said and she gave me a peck on my cheek. I blushed and ruffled her hair. I got along with Kaia soon after, "Can you try talking for me?" I asked and Kaia shrugged but gave a little determined face. "J-Jaiden" I heard her say in a small whisper, "Your voice is coming back, but don't over do yourself, okay?" I tell her and she nodded her head at me. I was so glad and worried at the same time, but I heard her sweet and gentle voice anyway.

Kaia and I practiced talking a little bit, her voice was slowly coming back, but the doctor warned us that she doesn't get stressed out or she'll lose her voice permanently.

So I spend time with Kaia and then a few days later, she started talking again, "Jaiden, wake the hell up." She said and I woke up, "Kai..stop being mouthy." I said in a raspy voice, she ruffled my hair and called me cute. I wanted to say that I'm not but I guess it's her way of saying 'I love you' or 'I think you're adorable'

I didn't mind any compliment she gave me because she's my mate.

Kaia and I went into the woods, she wandered around while holding my hand. "Where are we going, Jaiden?" Kaia asked. I looked her, "Well to one of my favorite places , I think you're going to like it." I said and Kaia's eyes lit up with joy. I walked to a hot spring, Kaia looked around, "Where are we?" She asked, I told her that we were at a hot spring and we were staying over here too. Kaia didn't mind it, she was happy either way; I looked around for a minute, taking in the fresh air. Kaia walked around the house but when she heard me howling, she thought something was wrong. "Jaiden everything ok?" Kaia asked and the smell of rouges drove me crazy. They surrounded the both of us and Kaia shook in fear, "RUN!!" I barked and we both ran as fast as we could, until we came upon a cliff, "Jump" I said.

I turned into a human and caught Kaia before she fell but her injury on her back reopened. I looked at her and carried her most of the way, "Hang on Kaia! Please stay with me!!" I cried, the moon goddess appeared in front of me, "moon goddess??" I say and she smiled at me and then she touched Kaia's back, "There now, her back and throat is healed but make sure that nothing stresses her out before her voice will be lost forever." She said and then disappeared.

I took Kaia to the hospital and she's still unconscious, I stayed at the hospital for three days and three nights. My beta told me to rest but I shook my head, "I'm not leaving her!" I said, Dante patted my back.
"I'll watch over her, just rest. She wouldn't want to see you like this or be sad." He said.

I rested like he told me, Kaia woke up, "Kaia!" I said happily, I engulfed her into a hug, "I thought I lost you! Your wound opened up and.." I was cut off with a kiss. Kaia kissed me. "Shut up, I know what happened. And I know how bad you missed me too." She said and I laid my head on her chest, "cutie" I said.

Kaia kissed my head, "Shut up, you're so loud and let me sleep." She said and I laughed, "You're cute and I love you, you are mine forever." I said.

KAIA POV:
I fell asleep then woke up again, my brother was sitting near my bed, "Hey baby sis, how are you feeling?" Dante asked and I told him that I was fine, "I am still tired, my injury reopened and I don't know who stitched it up for me." I said and Dante looked at Jaiden who was sleeping on me, "Your mate missed you, he wouldn't go to bed if you didn't wake up and he's really happy to see you now." He said and I giggled.

Jaiden woke up, "Kaia, are you feeling better?" He asked and I nodded my head, I walked up to the bedroom and looked out the window. "The air is cooled." I whispered, Jaiden wrapped his arms around my waist, "Hey." I said and he smiled back, "I love and missed you." He said and I giggled. The next day, Nina came up and hugged me, "Don't you worry us to death Kai!!! We almost lost you the first time and I ain't gonna lose you again!!" She yelled at me and I deserved it because I worried her again. Friel laughed and hugged me too, "It's good that you're better and to hear that pretty voice again." He said and I was glad but also scared that the fact I've been mute and everything shatters like glass, Jaiden was happy that he was able to love me, whether I can speak or not. He still loves me.

I woke up the next morning and I saw Jaiden sleeping near me, "Jaiden, don't you have work today?" I asked and he shook his head, "No Kaia, I'm off for a few days." He tells me. Then I cuddled Jaiden a little longer, my heart was scolding me again but in it I knew that Jaiden was the right mate, he may be perfect but, he can show love unconditionally. I was wrapped in his arms, I looked up and saw Jaiden watching tv on his little object called a phone, "What's that you're watching??" I asked and he looked at me, "I'm watching a anime and I didn't knew you were sleep." He said, I watched along with him, the anime was called fruits basket; It had some forbidden romance between Kyo and Tohru but they loved each other in the end when he kissed her twice.

I walked around the house and saw his parents, he introduced them to me and I stood surprised, his mom pulled me into a hug, "Oh Jaiden, honey, she's so adorable!! Where on earth did you find someone like her." His mom said and Jaiden laughed, "Mom, dad, this is Kaia; a mermaid princess, her brother is Dante and he's with his mate right now.. Kaia's old mate broke her heart after she was mute. And when I found out that she was my mate, I fell in love with her because she's intelligent, Interesting, smart, funny, kind, very stubborn and mouthy at times, and also she's really pretty that meets the eye." Jaiden said and I blushed at all the words he said about me, his dad pulled me in a hug, "She's so adorable son, you two are so lucky, Miss Kaia, you are wonderful for our son. And I'd be honored if you'd be our daughter in law when you two are married." His father said and I stood there and said yes, Jaiden was happy and nervous for our first date.

Now I wonder how the hell will I pull this off.