Time at Hogwarts (Fluff)

Warning: None

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader 

A/N: Hi everyone! This was a request for a Harry Potter AU but you don't need to know the plot to read it. It's been quite a while since I've read hp so the details might not match up. Let's pretend that there were quidditch matches even with the Triwizard tournament. Also, I think there is only one more "one-shot" after this before I begin the next mini-story, which is a high school au! Thanks for reading! <3

It was the best time of year.  The beautiful red-golden foliage that lined the pathways as you walked back to your dorms after quidditch practice, the chilly breeze that caused you to shiver, the crisp autumn air...everything about it was perfect. Especially since Hange was walking right next to you. The brunette was talking animatedly, their hands flying in the air, their eyes all lit up, as they talked about newer strategies they had come up with for their quidditch team. It had surprised you a little, in the beginning, when Hange had mentioned trying out as a seeker. They were more interested in herbology and magical creatures, where had their interest in quidditch come from? It had been Nanaba. She had been the captain for the Ravenclaw team and had insisted Hange join.

"Do you think I'll be able to catch the snitch next time?" Hange asked, their eyes narrowing. "Levi is a tough component, he's short but mighty."

"Maybe," you turned to smile at your best friend of many years. "I'll be rooting for you in the stands at the game next week."

"I don't think we'll have a quidditch match because of the Triwizard tournament," Hange hummed. "Aren't the people from Durmstrang and Beuxbaton arriving tomorrow? I've never understood the point of this tournament."

As the sun set, golden rays shone down on Hange, causing strands of their hair to appear gold. You felt your heart flutter, longing to stay in that moment forever. Everything was perfect.

"The tournament makes no sense," you sighed. "But I guess it raises school spirit or whatever. You're not...you're not participating in it, are you?"

Hange couldn't participate in the events...they just couldn't. There were rumors about students who had died during the tournament...if anything happened to Hange you'd be devastated. You loved them far too much to just let them participate in one of the riskiest events out there. Yes, you loved them. They had been your best friend for years, but somewhere along the way you had realized you truly loved them. You wanted to spend your life with them, just looking at Hange made you happy. But this wasn't something you could just admit to them—there was a huge chance that Hange didn't feel the same and that could ruin your friendship.

"No," Hange admitted. "I thought about it, but I'm not a fan of competing and sports, which seems controversial because I'm on the Quidditch team. Also, I'm going to be very busy this year, Hagrid is letting me study creatures that he finds!"

"Good," you let out a sigh of relief. "I'm not participating in it either."

"I figured," Hange grinned, throwing an arm around your shoulders. "You're not one for taking risks, are you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" You frowned.

"It's always about safety. Quidditch isn't safe, working with magical creatures isn't safe. Half the spells we learn aren't safe...you remind me of the dangers every day," Hange chuckled. "But don't worry, it's what I like most about you. If it wasn't for your caution, I'd have probably lost an eye or something by now."

"I have to be cautious when I have you for a friend," you lightly nudged them. "Always running off and finding the most dangerous things to do, huh? You're going to give me an early heart attack one day."