Nothing (Fluff)

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader

Warning: Very mild nsfw

A/N: I'm finally on winter break so what better way to celebrate than write an extremely fluffy Hange fanfic? I've written so much angst I think I've forgotten how to write fluff. Thanks for reading! <3

"Dumb conversations, we lose track of time. Have I told you lately, I'm grateful you're mine?"

You leaned against the window, feeling the cold glass against your cheek. Outside, the world was still and quiet. Snow fell softly from the sky, whirling around gently as it softly padded the ground in a thick layer. While the sky was dark and grey, it still appeared brighter than ever.

"Chocolate chip or blueberries?" Hange called out from the kitchen, and you sat up from your spot on the sofa, grinning as Hange walked out. They wore a frilly pink apron (a prank gift from one of your friends) over their grey sweatpants and black tank, a huge metal bowl resting against their hip as they stirred the batter.

"Chocolate chip," you grinned. "You're really pulling off that outfit."

Hange glanced down at the apron and let out a chuckle. "Thanks, darling. The pancakes will be ready in ten minutes. Want some hot cocoa?"

"Yes, of course! Who doesn't drink hot cocoa when it's snowing out?" You stood, stretching. That morning, both you and Hange had received a text that your workplaces were closed because of the snowstorm. You felt the giddiness of a kid, excited to spend the day home with your lover.

Hange retreated back into the kitchen, and you followed them, sitting on one of the tall barstools that were lined against the kitchen island. When you had woken up, Hange had insisted they'd make you breakfast. It was sweet, if not a little worrisome. Hange and fire didn't always go well together.

"The pancakes look a little discombobulated," Hange frowned at the griddle.

"I don't need perfectly round pancakes," you placed your chin in your hand, leaning forward as Hange brought over a stack, or what appeared to be, a stack of pancakes. There was a dollop of whipped cream at the top, with a drizzle of maple syrup.

"Mm, looks delicious," you eagerly reached for the fork and dug in, taking a big bite of the pancakes Hange had made for you. It was good, despite its weird shape.

"How is it?" Hange asked, watching as you used your fork to scoop up another bite and hold it out towards their lips. They ate the pancake and chewed thoughtfully. "Hm. Perhaps I should have added more baking soda to make it more fluffier—"

"They're really yummy," you cut them off. "Delicious. Five stars. Gordon Ramsey would approve."

Hange laughed and slipped off the apron, sitting down on the stool next to yours. "What do you want to do today, love? We've got a snow day and no work to do."

"Hmm, let's just lounge around in our pajamas and watch Netflix," you suggested. "Or maybe we can play some video games? I haven't been able to play some in ages."

"We could do that or..." Hange leaned in close. "I could build you that bookcase we bought last week."

Hange was referring to the floor-to-ceiling bookcase set with a built-in ladder that they had bought you for your second anniversary. When you had opened the package, you had been ecstatic. For years you had yearned for your own little library, and Hange had bought you a big enough bookcase for hundreds of books. And they had cleared out some space in their office for you. The action had warmed your heart.

"I thought we were going to get builders to make that," you said lightly. Hange was brilliant, but they weren't the best when it came to building stuff. The table that they had built for the kitchen was still wobbly to this day.