Movies and Crisis (Hurt/Comfort)

Warning: Mentions of depression, depressive thoughts

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader

A/N: Hi all! I know I said the next thing will be the high school au, but that's going to take me a long time since its multiple chapters. During school, I love writing but don't want to commit to a long story because it's unlikely I'll finish that with all of the studying that I have to do. So, I'm going to open the floor to angst oneshot requests (or AUs, but it depends on the universe loll). Or, if you'd like, you can just mention songs too that can inspire songfics (angsty songfics are my favorite to write)! This will be only momentary until the semester ends, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to write them all but I'll try my best! Thank you for reading!! <33

Tired. That was all you felt—an overburdening sense of fatigue that you could physically feel throughout your entire body. The tense shoulders, the clenched jaw, the drooping eyes...they were all physical markers of the intense feeling of being done. There were so many things in your life that crept up on you, forcing their way into your brain, causing you to go through a spiral of never-ending self-deprecation. School was insanely tiring. Mountains of work, piles of reading, pages of essays, cramming day and night for exams...what was it all for?

Where do you see yourself in five years? In ten? How about twenty? The adults that asked those questions were always so eager to see your plan for the future, they were ready to hear a passionate response, one that would leave them invigorated as well. But the honest answer? There was nothing. When you imagined yourself five years from now, all you saw was a blank screen, almost like in theaters when the movie stops and before the credits start to roll...an endless black screen. Passion was something you just didn't have.

Do well in high school to get into a good college. Do good in college to get into a good grad school. Do good in grad school to get a good job. Do good in your job to advance in your career....the stress, the tension, when would it all end? What was it all for? If you were always going to be this stressed, was this life even worth living? How were people so happy?

School wasn't the only thing you were struggling with. Apparently, you weren't great at social communication either. The other day, when you had opened the group chat you had with all of your friends, you had noticed someone had sent a picture. It was an innocent picture—one of three people standing in front of a café. But the biggest problem was that you weren't in it. No one had invited you to the gathering that all of your friends were at. The picture was probably sent by accident. But the fact that no one had even bothered to invite you made you feel inferior.

Did your friends really not like you? Did they really want to make plans without you? You were already struggling with academics, now you didn't have any friends either?

Life sucked. It really did.

Currently, you were staring at the bright screen in front of you, mindlessly watching a YouTube video. Or was it an episode of your favorite anime? Escapism usually worked, but right now you were feeling really empty, empty to the point that seeing your favorite characters wasn't working either.

Your phone buzzed next to you, and you ignored it. Whatever it was, you didn't care. All you wanted was to sit in silence and try your best to disassociate. That was all you could do.

Another buzz.

You ignored it once more.

The third buzz caused you to glance over at your phone, deeply annoyed. Life hated you so much, you couldn't be granted an hour of silence. You reached for the device, turning it over to see who it was. The name of the contact made you blink, causing you to frown slightly at the screen.