Autumn Dates (Fluff)

Warnings: None. 

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader

A/N: Hi everyone! I wrote this last month because Fall is literally my favorite season of all time. I love it when it starts to get cold and dark. Like, literally, I'm my best in the month of November. Anyway, I hope this story makes up for all the angst I've thrown your way in Paradis & Co. Thanks for reading! <3 

Dark maroon and orange foliage. The scent of cinnamon and spice. The flavor pumpkin literally everywhere. It was finally fall, the season of hayrides, spookiness, and apple picking. Oh, how you hated it. People always talked about visiting pumpkin patches to pick the perfect pumpkin or going to the haunted house with their significant other to hold their hand when they get scared. It was like the prequel to the holiday season. Well, perhaps your disdain from the season stemmed from the fact that you used to be so incredibly lonely during this season. Did you want to buy matching sweaters with someone and cuddle together while the leaves fell all around you? Yes. Did you want to share a pumpkin spiced latte while having a spooky movie marathon? Of course. Did you want to do a matching couple's outfit with your significant other? Heck yeah!

You see, the problem was that you hadn't been in a relationship before. Many falls had come and gone, leaving you antsy and jealous of all the cute couples around you. But it would be different this season. All because of Hange Zoe.

"Why are we picking pumpkins?" Hange asked, confused. They looked up from the website you had pulled up for them. "Can you even eat a pumpkin? Like, when people make pumpkin pie, is it just the mushy stuff on the inside? Or the rind too? And how do pumpkins even grow—"

"It's a cute date idea," you smiled wryly, plucking Hange's phone from their fingertips. Now that you had a partner, it was time that you lived out your fall date dreams. The first stop on your ultimate autumn itinerary? The pumpkin patch.

"Well, if you insist," Hange grinned up at you. Their hair was unkempt, their glasses crooked. They were wearing a white sweater with dark brown overalls, and the colors coordinated with your own outfit. They were adorable.

"After the pumpkin patch, we're going to go to the scare-fest at the amusement park. Erwin, Levi, Sasha, Armin, and Mikasa are meeting us there."

"Ooh, scare-fest," Hange wiggled their eyebrows. "You gonna get scared and cling onto me? It's okay if you do. I'll be there to protect you."

You swatted their arm playfully. "Watch—you're going to be the one who ends up being terrified."

Hange smiled and wrapped their arms around your waist, looking up at you with a cute smile. "I won't be terrified as long as you're by my side, love."

You practically swooned. Meeting Hange in the lobby of your engineering company had been the best event of your life. You had practically greeted them by dousing them in hot coffee...but they hadn't minded! They'd been a good sport. One thing led to the other and the two of you began to date.

"Let's get ready and go, the patch opens soon," you hummed, ruffling Hange's hair softly under your fingers. They leaned into the touch, their smile pure and excited.

Oh, you had definitely gotten lucky.

--

"(Y/N), my love?" Hange asked slowly, their eyes scanning the field in front of them. "If we're here to pick pumpkins...then why aren't there any pumpkins to pick?"

That was a tongue twister. But Hange was right. You joined them in scanning the field, frowning when you saw a lack of orange amidst the dull green grass. Were all the pumpkins gone? But it was still early October! Was there a shortage of pumpkins or something?