Holiday Parties (Fluff)

Warning: None

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader 

A/N: I remember when I wrote a holiday oneshot over the summer claiming that it would be unlikely that I would still be writing Hange fanfics in the winter...well, look where I am now—doesn't look like I'm stopping anytime soon! Anyways, thanks for reading <3

"Is this really necessary?" You huffed, struggling to pin the edge of the white snowflake garland onto the wall. "I would much rather spend my time at home than attend some mandatory office holiday party."

"Oh, cheer up," Sasha called from underneath the ladder. "This will be fun! Erwin is making a big deal out of this and even got some fancy decorations!"

"He could have just given us the day off," you grumbled. The stupid garland wouldn't stick. A minute of hammering later it clung to the wall haphazardly, a single breath away from falling. That was fine. You carefully climbed down the ladder, glaring at your co-worker.

"I wonder who gave Erwin the idea of a holiday party," you asked her. "Who on earth would rather spend their time in the office instead of being home?"

"Now, don't be a grinch," Sasha grinned, reaching out to boop your nose. "You'll enjoy the party tomorrow, just you wait."

(Y/N) sighed. "Yeah, no—"

"(Y/N)! Sasha!" An enthusiastic voice echoed through the hallway and you winced as you recognized the person. Another brown-eyed brunette. Another person crazy about holiday parties.

"Hange," you greeted, your tone falling flat. Hange Zoe was your boss even though it didn't seem like it at times. "Is the banner to your liking?"

"It's perfect!" Hange beamed. They wore a holiday sweater, one that was bulky with dark green reindeer all over it. They were also wearing reindeer ears, and were completely stoked about the holiday party that was happening tomorrow. "Did you two decide what food you'll be bringing? I'm thinking about trying a recipe I found recently...one for a beef and carrot stew. But is that boring? It sounds boring. Perhaps I'll bring caviar or something—"

"Sugar cookies," you cut them off. "I'm bringing sugar cookies."

"Not the store-bought ones, I hope," Hange frowned. "Those are gross."

"Well, I like the store-bought ones," you huffed. Those were the ones you had planned on bringing, but apparently, you were going to bake some sugar cookies instead.

"I'm bringing gooey chocolate brownies!" Sasha stated excitedly, practically salivating at the thought of brownies. "And there'll be some leftover for my secret Santa present too!"

You groaned. Secret Santa. You had forgotten all about that. In fact, the person you had picked from the pile of names had been Hange's. You glanced at them briefly, wondering about what they would like.

"Shh," Hange said playfully. "You're not supposed to tell us your gift before tomorrow! It'll ruin the surprise."

"Oh, sorry!" Sasha blinked. "But on the bright side, it's neither of you!"

Hange turned to (Y/N), their smile a little too bright. How were they so happy? How were any of the employees happy about a stupid holiday party? Were you the only one who would rather spend their time at home, in their pjs, watching their favorite show? Okay, so maybe you were a grinch.

"Are you hoping for anything, (Y/N)?" Hange asked nonchalantly. "Like, do you have a favorite chocolate? Perhaps a favorite book...?"

You studied their expression, the way they rocked on their heels, looking at you expectantly. Hange probably had you for secret Santa. They were making it quite obvious. You held back a smirk. Maybe you could have fun with this.