Misunderstanding (Part 2)

Warning: None

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader

A/N: Hi all! This was a request for the continuation of the last chapter, this time with the song Still Into You by Paramore! 

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together. I need the other one to hold you, make you feel, make you feel better..."

Your entire body felt tense, almost as if it were on edge for what was coming up. College had been far more stressful than you had anticipated. The movies only showed the partying and the fun activities, but they never showed the mountains of work that your professors doled out. Exams, essays, millions of little assignments, and mandatory participation. Oh, mandatory participation sucked. It was your third year in college and you were done. Graduation couldn't come sooner enough. But what then? Grad school? A job you despised? The entire time you were in high school, you couldn't' wait for college to come. But now...now you wished the relaxed days you spent as an unknowing child.

"Hey, the job fair starts at three, are you ready?" The soft voice of Mikasa interrupted your thoughts and you turned to look at her. She had been one of your roommates when you had initially first moved, and the two of you had been acquaintances since then.

"Do you think I have to wear a suit?" You asked, frowning at your resume. The time had come that you began to search for a job, and what better way to do that than to go to one of the biggest job fairs? The Shiganshina Job Fair had hundreds of booths with prospective job opportunities. It happened in one of the biggest convention centers in the city, and this was your first time attending.

"Maybe. Your future employers might be in the crowd."

You sighed and got up to change into something formal. Getting a job was the last thing you wanted to do—being a student was hard enough. But your expenses were rising and you needed a way to pay them all off. All you had to do was be your best at the convention, that was it. There was literally nothing that could go wrong. You had a strong resume, a strong GPA, and a great handshake. Hopefully, you'd wow some employers into giving you a job.

"It's not a walk in the park to love each other. But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny you're worth it. 'Cause after all this time I'm still into you."

The convention center was bustling with thousands of people, giving you a round of anxiety. Of course, there would have been a lot of people. It was a major hiring event, there was definitely going to be lots of people. Mikasa had gone off to find a prospective job for herself, and that left you navigating the area all by yourself. What were you supposed to do? Go up to the booth and introduce yourself? That was awkward, but it was something that was necessary in order to get a job.

With a sigh, you walked over to the first table, painting on the fakest smile you could muster. It was time you give it the best you had in order to get a great job.

The minutes flew by, and your cheeks began to hurt from the amount of smiling you were doing. Even though a few companies had said they would give you a call back, you weren't satisfied at all. No one had asked for your number, after all. You couldn't leave the job fair without one solid job offer, that would just be humiliating.

"Hi!" You greeted the person standing at the booth that read Better Earth Conservation.

"Hi!" The person responded, and glancing at their name tag you figured out her name was Nanaba. "Are you interested in working for the Better Earth Conservation Group? We have dozens of job opportunities since we just started! Oh, and our employees receive great pay and benefits."