False Separation (Hurt/Comfort?)

Warning: Mild angst

Pairing: GN Hange x GN Reader 

A/N: Hi everyone! This was a request where reader and Hange get into a fight, break up momentarily, and then Hange gets jealous when they see reader with someone else! I'm not sure if this is exactly like the request...but I tried my best! Thank you for reading <3

The house was empty, the silence louder than ever. It hadn't always been like this. Once, the walls of your little home had witnessed the feeling of falling in love, once the walls had listened to the sounds of laughter in the morning and whispers at night, once the walls had seen the movie nights, the passionate kisses, the smiles that the two of you reserved only for each other. Once, you and Hange had been in love. But that had been so long ago. 2 years? Or was it 3? It was hard to keep track. You glanced at the unwashed dishes in the sink, feeling the familiar emotion of frustration. It had been Hange's turn to wash the dishes, yet they hadn't even touched a single spoon.

Hange was always like this. Their many tracked mind and eccentricity were the traits that had been alluring in the beginning. Oh, you used to find their forgetfulness adorable. But now? Now that you had to deal with it every single day, it was getting quite annoying.

"Hange!" You called, your voice strained. It had been a tough day. You were exhausted. Coming home to a sink full of unwashed dishes was a horrible way to end it.

"What?" They entered the room, laptop in hand. As usual, they weren't looking at you. Their eyes were glued to their screen, scanning the words in front of them rapidly.

"It was your turn to wash the dishes," you motioned to the messy pile. "I washed them every day for the last week, please wash them already."

"Can't you see I'm busy?" Hange frowned. "Why don't you do them?"

"Because I'm tired!" You struggled to maintain your tone. Yelling wouldn't solve anything. "I had a seven hour work day, my feet are killing me, and I just want a nice hot cup of tea...but there aren't any mugs! Because you haven't washed the dishes!"

"Just wash the mug, I'll do the rest later," Hange muttered.

"Oh, for the love of—" you walked over to Hange, closing their laptop with one hand. They shot you an annoyed glance, about to speak, but you cut them off. "It's not just the stupid mug. You always do this! The house is a mess! Why? Because you leave your things everywhere! You never clean! And when I ask you to pick up after yourself, you ignore me!"

"I'm a busy person, (Y/N)," Hange snapped. "You just closed my progress for a report due tomorrow. You better hope the progress saved."

"See! You're not even listening to a word I'm saying right now!" You huffed. "Just wash the dishes, Hange. Now, please."

"You're not my parent," Hange narrowed their eyes. "Don't give me a list of chores. This is my house too, I pay rent too. Therefore, I can live the way I want."

"You're not a toddler, you can pick up after yourself," you sighed, massaging your temples. Maybe it was the splitting headache, or maybe it was your exhaustion, but at that moment you didn't have an ounce of love for Hange. You were angry and fed up, tired of the way they had been acting. All you wanted was a clean house, a partner who respected and listened to you, and mutual understanding. You didn't get any of that from Hange. Why were you in a relationship with them anyway? It seemed as if things weren't working out anymore.

"You know what?" You said softly, meeting Hange's eyes. "Let's break up."

Hange froze, staring at you in disbelief. "Over dishes? You're going to break up with me because I didn't wash the dishes?"