Chapter 3

After that, there was a clear tension between the two of you. Yoongi still regularly came to Omela's and persisted with his flirtatious behavior, always reminding you before he left that you could always have a better job with him. The great difference was your attitude. You were a grudge holder and that was your fatal flaw. Whereas Yoongi preferred to act like he hadn't offended you, you refused to let him forget.

Your demeanor was that of a woman scorned, you were short with him and refused to indulge in his small talk. Not to mention, that fake smile of yours never graced your lips when you dealt with him. If anything it seemed to please him more that he could see the real you, the one who knew she was down on her luck and was bitter from the direction her life had taken. But, if he wanted to see the real you then he would have to deal with your fury.

Yoongi had started coming to the gas station you worked at as well and that was unnerving. You had never seen him there before he knew that you worked there, and he always arrived during your shift. You could tell that Yoongi knew he was an exceptionally attractive man, and you were beginning to realize that he used that to his advantage and he too was hiding something from everyone else. You were stuck in this limbo of wishing he would leave you alone whilst wanting to figure out what his deal was. Yoongi was a strange man, and for all you knew that was the least of your worries concerning him.

Yoongi is not a patient man, and this game you were playing with him infuriated him to no end. He couldn't understand why you continued to refuse him, he was offering you a job not asking your hand in marriage, well not yet at least. No matter what he did, he couldn't seem to get you to change your mind. Yoongi is not a patient man, and you are a stubborn woman. The perfect volatile mix.

But all it took was one instance to set forth a chain of events that would send you tumbling back down that downward spiral that appeared to you as inescapable once more.

It was growing late, but you still had a few more hours of your shift ahead of you at the gas station. The clock read "11:30" and was slightly blurry from your tired gaze. If Yoongi was right about anything, it was that you wouldn't be able to keep up with this much longer.

Working two jobs with barely any days off and an ever-growing belly was tiring. You were entering your fourth month of pregnancy now and it seemed like your belly was swelling more and more each day that passed. The morning sickness wasn't as prevalent but still annoying and your feet ached from constantly standing. You spent most of your time daydreaming about your bed at this point, it was shitty but functional and was far better than standing all day.

Movement jolted you from your daze. Two men had entered the store, and to your horror, you realized their intentions. They were dressed from head to toe in all black, masks covering their faces with bags slung over their shoulders. The blood drained from your face as your eyes zeroed in on a gun grasped in the taller man's right hand.

You very slowly reached your hand under the counter, trying to appear unassuming as you quickly pushed the store's panic button before they found you in the back of the store. And find you they did. The duo approached quickly as you slowly raised one hand in the air, the other coming to protect the bump of your stomach. Your heart raced against your rib cage, this was real and you were terrified.

The taller one holding the gun raised it in your direction, you could have sworn you felt your heart stop as chills ran down your spine forcing your limbs to shake.

"You know what to do," the man spoke, his voice strained like he was lowering it, "make one wrong move and I'll fucking kill you."

You nodded quickly, the fear sending your body into panicked tremors as you slowly lowered your free arm to open the register.