Chapter 6

⚠Warning: This chapter is slightly smutty⚠

"I'm not creepy, I was doing my job." He explained, seemingly defensive and stoic. But you could see the clear flush to the tips of his ears, he was flustered. He was just very good at hiding it otherwise.

"So, doing your job involves watching a poor, innocent girl changing?" You laughed, wiggling your eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"I was supposed to keep tabs on you and make sure you didn't go running for the hills the moment you got the chance."

"And lucky for you that simply wasn't an option for me." You sighed, rolling your eyes as you playfully nudged the man beside you. He was still so warm, just as warm as you remember him to be when you were walking side by side as the crystal snowflakes fluttered gently to the ground that one bloody night.

"Yeah, lucky." He chuckled in agreement, looking down at his shoes with an indiscernible expression.

"Hoseok, you never denied it." You whispered, tracing the profile of his face with your eyes.

You followed the elegant slope of his nose down to the curves of his lips. It wasn't fair that he got to be so beautiful. There was a part of you that wanted to reach out and trace the gentle curves of his face, but you also didn't know how he would react and the last thing you wanted was to upset him and make him leave. You really didn't want him to leave.

He slowly turned to face you, almost reluctantly. His eyes darted around for a moment, clearly uncomfortable, before finally settling on your face. You loved his eyes, that was something you weren't ashamed of. Where some might think they were cold and stern, they reminded you of coals. Something dark and frigid that just needed a little attention to flare to life. And you could see those embers beginning to stir within their depths.

"Hoseok, did you watch me change?" You asked once more, your tongue darted out to wet your lower lip as you craned your neck back to look him dead in his eyes.

His eyes flicked down to the flesh of your lips, lingering there in a daze. In that moment it seemed like he was far away from you, despite the fact that he was staring at you. You waited patiently for him to come back to you, delicately resting your hand on his knee.

"And what if I did? Would you be scared then?" He asked, staring back down at you like a lion that had just cornered its prey. And, to your shame, your heart was thundering in excitement. How far could you push him before he would pounce?

"No." You replied, your voice firm with a tinge of a smile in your tone. No matter what he did, you would never be afraid of him. He enthralled you, and much like a drug you simply wanted more and more of him each time you would meet. Being with him made you feel alive.

After a few tense moments of silence between the two of you, Hoseok's eyes slid shut and clenched as he released a deep exhale of air. And again, it seemed like he was struggling with himself. You couldn't help but wonder if he was fighting a losing battle with how much strain he was displaying for you. After another few moments, he withdrew from you, sliding off the edge of your bed and coming to stand. You hadn't realized just how close the two of you had been to one another until he was gone.

"I think I should go now." He said, looking more composed now than he did before. As he went to turn you stood and wrapped your hand around the warm flesh of his wrist causing him to still mid-step.

"Hoseok." You whispered through the dark.

At the sound of your voice, he turned back to face you, only to allow your fingers to curl into the collar of his shirt and yank him down to your level, pressing your lips against his own. That was the one good thing about not being afraid, you could do this without a second thought.