Chapter 2

chapter loading...
*+x+*
.
.
.

So maybe the mission wasn't going as planned.

The day after Beomgyu's latest Taehyun rejection, he knew he had to come up with strategies to talk to him. From the bits of information he'd gathered from Soobin and other people, Taehyun was rarely seen outside his dorm.

The two places he would go—other than his dorm and class—were Starbucks and the library. The man would love to find the quietest sections and just immerse himself with the books. Some rumors said Taehyun talks to himself back there, but Beomgyu decided to ignore that part.

Beomgyu's plan was simple. Go to the library and act like he's trying to find a book and maybe in happenstance come across Taehyun. Soobin called the plan predictable but what does he know? Beomgyu asked himself.

Proud as ever, the ravenet went out to execute his 'fool proof' plan. Though, a problem struck him when he had entered the library. The boy realized he had never entered the school's library before, it was his first time. One might have thought about this fact ahead of time, but Beomgyu was too enriched in the fun of making the plan to consider it.

Taking a step in the building was foreign to him. He had never been in a library with so many floors and bookshelves. The most he had experience with was the pathetic puny library his high school had. Guess that's the perk of university. Beomgyu sarcastically said to him, chuckling a bit.

Before he could take his next step in, he heard someone call his name, "Hey, Beomgyu!"

The ravenet whipped his head towards the sound of the voice, his long hair moving with him, "Hyunjin Hyung!"

The two men greeted each other excitedly, well more so Beomgyu. The blonde man, Hyunjin hugged Beomgyu with a warm smile. The latter deepened the hug as if he hadn't seen the other in years. Beomgyu was the first to pull away, eager to talk to his hyung. All thoughts of his mission had left his mind.

"How was the trip to Japan? Did you win? Did you bring back anything?"

"Slow down, Beomgyu," Hyunjin laughed at the other's enthusiasm, "Firstly, the trip was stressful. I never wanna do that again. Secondly, my gallery got 2nd place, so not too bad. And finally, I bought back a bunch of food."

Hyunjin was a fine arts major in his junior year. Despite still doing his studies, his art galleries were renowned by all art critics. One critic even paid his way into this university so Hyunjin can earn his degree. There were rumors going around that the critic that paid his way in is also Hyunjin's sugar daddy, though Beomgyu could never confirm if they were true or not.

"Wow that's amazing, Hyung. You got 2nd place in all of Asia. I'm standing before true talent." Beomgyu faltered.

Hyunjin cheesed at the younger man, praising him, "Aw you're so cute. This Saturday Felix plans to throw me a celebration party at his flat. You should definitely come. And hook us up with Hyuka too." The blonde whispered the last part, winking at Beomgyu.

"I got you," He winked back.

"Thanks a million," Hyunjin said before walking off into the library, leaving Beomgyu at the door.

After Hyunjin left, Beomgyu thought to himself, Okay, I'm here to talk to Taehyun. So, let's-

He thought too soon. Because in the distance, he could see him. Those doll eyes looking down at his phone; the venti iced caramel macchiato; the small trio of books tucked between his arms. It was Taehyun.

I missed his library time. Beomgyu thought disappointedly, but he didn't let that stop him, "Taehyun Ssi!" He greeted as Taehyun walked past him, but unlike yesterday, the boy didn't even look up. The ravenet was about to chase after him, but he was interrupted.