Chapter 8

chapter loading...
*+x+*
.
.
.

It was the dead of night and Beomgyu had called Taehyun's name all throughout the campus. Of course, Taehyun was able to hear his shouts, but he was too caught up in his own head to even think about stopping for the elder. Taehyun just wished Beomgyu would go away so could he manage his demons In peace.

Though, Beomgyu's eyes were sharp even in dark. He was able to see the lanky boy running away from Beomgyu's dormitory to his own. With hope ignited in his being, the ravenet dashed towards Taehyun, determined to catch up to him. Though, Taehyun's long legs weren't just for show. He dashed just as he caught a glimpse of Beomgyu.

Through the night air, the two flew throughout the campus. They jumped over obstacle, made short cuts through buildings. Taehyun even attempted to hide behind objects. But every time he looked up, he could see Beomgyu's figure as he desperately tried to keep up with the younger man. They continued until they finally reached Taehyun's dormitory. The younger was slowed down by having to pull out his student ID to unlock the door. And from there, Beomgyu was able to catch up.

"Taehyun!" Beomgyu huffed out, dropping the honorific to save precious air. The two men were out breath, huffing and puffing from their sprint. The brunet looked over his shoulder to see Beomgyu's expression matched his perfectly. Tired yes, but vulnerable as well. "Please don't run away." Beomgyu begged in between his breaths.

Taehyun gave up, deciding against dashing into the dormitory and locking Beomgyu out. Reluctantly, the younger turned around to face Beomgyu, though he wouldn't meet his eyes. He couldn't bring himself to after making such a scene. "Sorry... I-" Taehyun cut off his words, having no excuse for running off. Something just told him to run, and so he went for it.

Beomgyu approached Taehyun, reaching out to gently grip the tips of Taehyun's fingers. And from the light touch, Beomgyu could feel Taehyun was still trembling violently. The ravenet's eyes bulged a bit from shock, yet just as quickly furrowed, "Taehyun Ah..." the man mumbled out, concern evident his voice.

His instincts were telling him to wrap his arms around Taehyun until his trembling stopped. Though, Beomgyu wasn't sure if Taehyun was ready for that much contact yet. Beomgyu reached his arms around Taehyun's waist and just before he touched the younger, he asked, "Is this okay?"

"B-Beomgyu...," Taehyun stumbled over his words, forcing out all he could.

"Is it okay for me to hug you?" the elder tenderly asked the fragile man, rephrasing the question to be clearer for Taehyun's troubled mind to process.

Taehyun knew what he wanted to say. He wanted to say yes. He wanted to let out all his frustrations and turmoil onto Beomgyu as to not shelter his burden alone. Though he knew if he did, Beomgyu would call him crazy, run his heart through a shredder, and finally leave him. Taehyun wasn't ready for that heartbreak yet, no matter how vulnerable he was. So instead, he listened to his head, smothering what his heart's wanted.

"I'm sorry... I just... no." Taehyun finally said.

With that answer, Beomgyu quickly backed away, respecting the brunet's wishes, "It's fine. It's nothing to apologize for Taehyun Ah." Beomgyu reassured, going back to tenderly holding onto Taehyun's fingertips, "You're safe with me, you know that right? There's no need to be scared."

Taehyun felt his face become hot with blush, embarrassed that he couldn't control his trembling for Beomgyu's sake. And as his face became hotter, his felt his trembling become more intense. The younger took Beomgyu's hand in full, squeezing it to let out some of the tension in his body, "Sorry."

"Don't apologize," Beomgyu gently commanded, "You had a bad nightmare, right? Just let out your frustrations on my hand. Squeeze it, it's fine."

The brunet immediately took Beomgyu up on his offer, squeezing the living hell out of his hand. A pain shot up through Beomgyu's arm, causing him to squeak out in pain, "Ack! Okay okay okay okay, maybe loosen up a bit," the elder mumbled out, squinting his eyes from pain of Taehyun's powerful grip.