☀︎︎divewithyou☽

Song: Dive with You - Seori

finale loading...
.
.
.

Everything happened in slow motion. Taehyun lost his footing. The world was crashing around him. He was going to hit the ground, trampled by vehicles going the over seventy miles per hour on the highway. It sounded painful. He knew it was going to be painful. But it seemed suitable for someone like him. He lived his life as a lie and it was going to end as a lie. Yeonjun killed him. He knew it was going to happen. Yet what was so cruel, didn't want to die anymore. Just when he gains the will to live, that's when his illness kills him.

He regretted it.

He regretted meeting Beomgyu. He regretted getting involved with his problems. He regretted letting Beomgyu know his problems. He regretted relying on Beomgyu. He regretted falling for him. But most of all, he regretting speaking.

If only he didn't speak to Beomgyu that day, maybe he'd still be alive. No one cared but Beomgyu and because he ran away, there's no one to save him.

Taehyun is going to die.

"TAEHYUN!"

Just as he thought that, a hand erupted from Yeonjun's mirage. The ghost disappeared like smoke and out emerged Soobin reaching out his hand to him. Just in time, Soobin grabbed Taehyun's arm. The grip was so powerful that Taehyun felt his shoulder dislocated. He was dangling from the overpass, Soobin's strength being the deciding factor. He may hurting, but at least he was barely alive.

"Soobin!? Why!?" Taehyun yelled out. Instead of a thank you, or any appreciation, Soobin was hit with question of why. Why was he saving the life of another that could easily put himself in danger?Soobin held the edge of road railing, keeping both him and Taehyun tethered to it. He tried to pull both of them up, but his strength wasn't enough, it was barely keeping them alive.

Soobin screamed as if it would increase his strength, but it was in vain. Nothing was saving them, "Because Taehyun! I'm a human being! I don't want your weird ass to die!" Soobin cursed at him.

"I thought you hated me!"

"I do hate you! But I also care! You're the man that's gonna make my best friend happy! Why would I not!?"

Taehyun felt himself go limp. He wondered if he heard Soobin right. He cared. He cares? Soobin cares about him. He felt feelings he couldn't explain, only that they were foreign.

"We're friends! Whether you like it or not!"

Is this what it's like having friends? Suddenly Taehyun held on tight to Soobin's hand. He yelled out, "Soobin! I don't want us to die!"

"I don't want us to die either!"

"What do we do?!"

"Hell if I know!"

No passerby could see them due to the green highway sign that hid them from sight. Even from the main road they were on, due to the night, it was hard to see the man gripping desperately to the railing to save their lives. They were thoroughly screwed.

Taehyun's eyes stared down at the road below him, cars zooming past them. At first the sight was frightening but as the minutes went on, he became desensitized to the fear, even the weightless feeling he was getting used to. Soobin became to accept the pain in his arms, trying to hang on.