Chapter 24

chapter loading...
*+x+*
.
.
.

"Hello, I'm here for Kang Taehyun,"

Beomgyu stood before the front desk at the hospital. A hot blush covered his face as he talked to the receptionist. He was embarrassed.

The man was dressed up in very nice clothes, for him at least. He wore a tan, plaid flannel, with a white undershirt that a design of a flower on it. He had on new jeans, courtesy of Soobin, and he wore his newest pair of converse that had he been saving for a special occasion. It was a lot nicer than the sweat suit he was planning to arrive in.

Finally, there was a white lily that sat on his ear and tangled perfectly with his hair. The reception in front of him looked speechless, her jaw dropped in awe.

"K-Kang Taehyun? Yeah let me see what room he's in," she stuttered, running her fingers nervously over her keyboard. She began to type up Taehyun's name and find his information with ease.

"Kang Taehyun? I see here he has no family..." She said hesitantly, questioning who Beomgyu was.

Beomgyu nodded, "Yeah I'm Taehyun Ah's friend. Is that okay?"

The receptionist hummed reluctantly, pressing her lips in a thin line, "I'm sorry, sir. Because of the nature of what Kang Taehyun Ssi has been hospitalized for, he can only have family visit and pick him up. Please understand." She apologized, bowing her head to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu furrowed his eyes with annoyance, "But he has no family. So no one can come pick him up,"  Beomgyu explained again, trying to keep as calm as possible, though a vein was poking from his head.

"Yes sir, that's why we've arranged for a taxi to come pick up Kang Taehyun Ssi later today." She said, sweat dripping down her forehead as she can feel Beomgyu becoming annoying with her.

"But-"

"Wait," another worker intervened, catching both the receptionist and Beomgyu's attention. The woman who intervened was dressed in scrubs, carrying a clipboard. Beomgyu assumed she was a nurse, "Are you Choi Beomgyu?"

Beomgyu smiled, nodded rapidly, "Yea that's me," he replied.

The nurse looked delighted to see Beomgyu, "Ah Taehyun Ah will be happy to know that you're here. And you're just as pretty as he described!" The lady chirped.

Beomgyu cheesed at the compliment, putting his hand on his cheek dreamily, "Aww you're too nice! You're very beautiful as well."

This made the receptionist girl huff. She turned to the nurse, "But Yoonmi-"

The nurse, Yoonmi shook her head, silencing the receptionist, "No buts, I'll make an exception for him. And that Yoonmi Sunbaenim to you, Jaeyoung." The nurse seemed to emphasis the receptionist's name, which made the woman click her teeth. But she was quiet from then on.

Isn't Jaeyoung a guy's name. Beomgyu asked himself, but didn't pay it much mind as Yoonmi opened the door to the paitent section of the hospital. She handed Beomgyu a sticker with Taehyun's room number, Taehyun's last name, and Beomgyu's full name. Just to be petty, Beomgyu stuck his tongue out as the receptionist annoyingly. This caught the receptionist girl's attention, making her glare at Beomgyu. But he replied back with a smug smile.

"Sorry about that," Yoonmi apologized as she walked Beomgyu through the hospital halls, "Rules are rules, but good thing I was there to catch Kang Taehyun Ah's name."

"Yeah, thank you," Beomgyu half heartedly replied, spending his energy observing the hospital. Staff ran from back and forth with a clear destination. Most rooms were closed, but the ones that were open, he could look into and see a sickly person stuck to an IV. A weird feeling slivered up his spine, he always hated the idea of a hospital.