Chapter 9

chapter loading...
*+x+*
.
.
.

"Ugh how much longer are they gonna work on this damn project?" Beomgyu grumbled under his breath. He rested his head on the work desk in front of him. Though, unlike other students it was empty.

Be patient this is the final week to work on it」 Taehyun texted him reassuringly, who was just as bored as Beomgyu, though the younger was less vocal about it. 

In all honesty, their professor was kind to give the class so much time to work on the project in class. He understood that people taking their particular course would be in creative majors, not so much liberal majors. Many of the students may struggle with this particular subject. And Taehyun had an inkling Beomgyu would be one of those struggling students if he hadn't chosen him as a partner.

"Yeah yeah, I know..." Beomgyu continued to grumble, glancing over to see Taehyun innocently texting away as he stared at his phone with his usual blank expression. 

Class is almost over anyway no use in complaining now

"Say, Taehyun Ah," Beomgyu called, ignoring the younger's text, "You just produce music, right?"

Taehyun looked Beomgyu in the eye, nodding his head. 

The ravenet set back in his seat, his tired expression turning into the energetic look Taehyun's used to seeing on the man, "You should show me some of your work then! I could show you mines in return if you'd like." 

Taehyun continued his one-sided staring contest with Beomgyu. The younger's body was completely still, as if he was frozen in time. Though his mind was moving, debating with himself if he should take up Beomgyu's offer. Taehyun's music had always been private, something he'd only share with his professors for an assignment. And someone else a lifetime ago, but... 

After a moment of contemplating his answer, Taehyun finally broke eye contact with Beomgyu, looking at his phone to text.

Sure

Beomgyu lightly celebrated his small victory by doing a small dance in his seat, "After class then! We can go to my dorm. Soobin shouldn't be there for the rest of the day, so it should be cool." 

Yeah I'd prefer to stay far away from that prick

Beomgyu nodded. Usually, he'd defend Soobin from any and all slander, though Beomgyu couldn't help but agree. Soobin has been a prick lately, "I'm sorry about him, by the way." the ravenet apologized.

It's fine but after class do you mind if we stop by my dorm first? I need to pick up my other laptop if I'm gonna show you my work

A memory struck Beomgyu as he read over Taehyun's text. Taehyun's dorm... But nevertheless, Beomgyu replied with, "Yeah, that's cool."

Taehyun's dorm was a mystery to Beomgyu just as much as everything else about the man. A few days ago, when Beomgyu chased after Taehyun after his abrupt exit from his own dorm, he was able to catch small glimpses of it.

Eventually their Korean class ended and every student spilled out of the classroom to enjoy the rest of their free afternoon. Beomgyu and Taehyun waited for most of the students to leave before they attempted to do so themselves, all for Taehyun's comfort of course.

"You good to go?" Beomgyu asked.

"Yeah," Taehyun whispered, now comfortable to use his voice since most of their classmates left. 

The two of them stood up from their seats simultaneously and left the classroom. Slyly, Taehyun walked behind Beomgyu, slipping his hand into the elders as a force of habit. Beomgyu was at first surprised by the sudden hand that wrapped around his own. But after registering it was the brunet's behind him, a soft smile grew on his face as he strengthened his grip.