Chapter 23

chapter loading...
*+x+*
.
.
.

Taehyun...

Beomgyu's mind flashback to yesterday. The face Taehyun made as he was pulled away by the paramedics, it haunted him. The brunet looked hurt. He looked as if he wanted to reach out to Beomgyu, but he was too weak to do so. Yet Beomgyu was the only who gave Taehyun away. "It was for his own good." Beomgyu whispered to himself. Even if he told himself that, he couldn't shake the feeling of guilt.

How many times was he going to fail Taehyun?

It was a cycle at this point. Beomgyu's does something stupid out of concern for Taehyun, Beomgyu apologizes, and then they're okay and until they're not, "I don't know what I'm doing anymore." Beomgyu mumbled to himself, tossing and turning in his bed, "Why do I keep fucking up?" Beomgyu wasn't used to caring about others all the time.

The bathroom door opened, revealing Soobin in his pajamas. He had a toothbrush in his mouth, but quickly finished brushing his teeth and rinsed out the remaining toothpaste, "Shower's all yours Beomgyu," Soobin said as he walked to his bed.

Beomgyu just turned over, not in the mood to take a shower, "I'll do it tomorrow." He muttered, just barely loud enough for Soobin to hear.

Soobin sighed, "Beomgyu, c'mon. Taehyun's gonna be okay. I'm sure he'd want you to take a shower. You'll feel better if you do."

"I said I'd do it tomorrow okay?!" Beomgyu yelled, sick of Soobin's coaxing, "Just... leave me alone. I need time to think."

Soobin grunted, shaking his head at the ravenet. He walked to Beomgyu's bed, standing over the younger, "No, the more you think, the more you'll feel like shit." He stated firmly.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and buried himself in his blanket, but Soobin pried the covers off the man, "Get up Gyu!" Soobin commanded, fighting with Beomgyu for the cover.

"No! Go away Soobin!" Beomgyu yelled. The two play tug a war with Beomgyu's blanket. The ravenet was experiencing a sense of déjà vu, but that was irrelevant to Beomgyu. He just wanted to sulk in his bed and his dumb best friend was getting in the way of that.

Eventually Soobin snatched the blanket away from Beomgyu, causing Beomgyu whine and reach out for the blanket, "No I won't! Dummy! Now get up!"

Beomgyu sighed heavily, mumbling profanities under his breath as he sat up on his bed, his feet dangling off and touching the floor, "I'm up, now what?"

"Talk."

"What?"

Soobin sat down on his adjacent bed, facing Beomgyu with a sympathetic gaze, "Well talking's your favorite thing. I dunno, talk about how you feel. Get all those nasty feeling off your chest."

Beomgyu laughed in disbelief, he couldn't believe he was being bothered for such a reason, "This is so annoying, why can't I just sulk and sleep? Why are you messing with me?"

"Because Beomgyu," Soobin huffed, "I don't think I'd feel good after seeing my boy-..." Soobin had to cut himself off. Beomgyu was already feeling bad, he didn't need the younger to feel worst by mislabeling their relationship, even if he didn't believe it, "After seeing my friend being rushed to the hospital and finding him as well."

Beomgyu caught his slip up, but wasn't in the mood to argue with the blue haired man, "So what? Now you hear me talk about how shitty of a friend I am?"

"How are you a shitty friend?" Soobin asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Well," Beomgyu's eyes swayed from Soobin to look at the floor, "I did unintentionally ignore you for like 2 months."