BBQ

The picture is of Sondra, if you have not realized yet.

~Sondra~

They were coming soon. I was a nervous wreck. No matter how they acted, and looked, all 7 of them would be my friends no matter what. If my parents judged them, all of them would be closer to me than my mom and dad.

What if they found Out that Ellis was actually Josh? I doubt they would since he was "dead", and we changed him up to look like a completely different person. He seemed to be content with the fact that our parents were coming over. There was no look of stress or terror written on his face. We changed his wardrobe to a more gangster one. Today, he was wearing a white t-shirt, baggy grey jeans and black vans.

We could've called him Marshall Mathers.

Johnny was out in the back yard grilling, while the others sat in some lawn chairs in the green grass. They sat in a oval, laughing and having a good time. I stood in the kitchen, watching them as I made some punch. The punch was hard to prepare, since I wasn't sure if I should put alcohol in it or not. Jordon was debating on how I should, but Danny was saying that my parents may not agree with it. After making a responsible decision, the punch was non-alcoholic. Charlie would have to pour his own beverages in his cup tonight.

I sat in silence as I chopped some vegetables up on a wooden cutting board for the veggie trey. The kitchen was quiet, and you could hear their voices slightly muffled from the glass door that separated them from me. It was nice to just stand barefooted in the clean, peaceful kitchen cutting up food.

The door slid open slowly, and some of the noise from outside was exposed for a whole two seconds before it was shut once again. Light footsteps were heard soon after. A chest met my back gently, and arms wrapped around be. I felt a cheek press up against mine, making me smile.

"They'll like us all." Daniel's melodic voice rings out softly, making me almost shiver.

I shrug, "I'm not sure.. They don't seem to like a lot of friends that I bring home."

It was true. It didn't matter on how they would act, how their life was, and who their parents were. They would always be judged for who they were.

A knock was at the door and it opened. My mom and dad came in, carrying some sort of macaroni salad. Her homemade salad was probably the best. Literally. It was to die for.

Daniel turned toward them, smiling widely while he took the bowl of food from them gently. He went into the backyard to put it on the table, and to get everyone's attention on who was here. They all got up to introduce themselves, smiling kindly to them as they got chairs for them.

George was the one that conversed with them the most. He was telling them about Ava, which actually made them talk about me. FunnyMan and Charlie would crack the jokes, and J-Dog, Da Kurlzz and Rylee stayed quiet most of the time.

Dinner was finally ready, and Johnny put stakes on plates as everyone got in a line. Soon after getting our side food, we sat around a large circular table with cushioned chairs. After a bit, we began to eat. It was quiet for a bit, until my mom spoke up, "So, Sondra, do you have any other hoodlum friends?"

"Or any gang-banger ones?"

I stood up quickly, slamming my hands on the table, staring at them. This made me pissed. George's smile fell from his face quickly, and all the other guys exchanged glances. There goes the whole friendship and family thing.

"You think that just because you don't know them." I snap, glaring at them.

Josh looks at me, his eyes filled with surprise. He was seeing one of the reasons why I didn't like being around them. Everyone stopped eating, looking up at me.

"Hun, please sit down." Daniel pleaded, and I shook my head.

"No! Ever since Josh died you've been like this to me! You weren't even at my wedding! You weren't there when I needed you the most!" I slam my fist again on the table, making them flinch.

"Sony--"

"You were never there!" I scream, and my dad stands up. My mom joined him after a bit, and I glared at them. Tears came to her eyes as I glared at both of them, and I finally say, "If you were never there, then why would I need you now?"

Danny stood, wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him, and he pet my hair. Everyone was quiet, and I heard something shake the table.

"Yeah," Johnny says, "take the damn macaroni and leave."