More than Friends.

(A/N: sorry i didnt want to wait this long to update this story, but as i said in my other fanfiction, i was busy. I hope you like it!...)

*Chris's POV*

I had to expect that this was going to happen eventually. I mean, how else would i get better if i didnt face my fear or problems head on? I had to do this here and now and there was no way i was getting out of it. But what could i possibly benefit from her being here? I already knew that she didnt remember me, and she probably never will, so her being here couldnt help me in any way. She was just going to rub it in my face even more.

"Please, have a seat." Gerard suggested, gesturing to another chair that ha been placed in the corner of the room as an extra chair. Hesitantly, i dragged it over to about five feet away from Samantha's but directly infront of Gerard's desk. If i was going to get help, i was going to get it directly from Gerard, no one else. "We have some good news, Chris, that im sure you'll be interested in hearing." He caught my attention. Out of habit, i had been playing with my long fingures in an attempt to distract myself from the awkward situation at hand. It was bad enough that i had to be in this hospital in the first place, all though it turns out to be not that bad, but that's besides the point. And now Samantha's here. Great, just fantastic.

As you could probably tell, im not exactly good in awkward situations. "Of course." I murmured, my head tilted downwards as so to force myself not to look at Samantha. But she was so tempting! Her long, dark hair fell into her face perfectly that captured all of her beauty as though i was looking at a living photograph. It was almost cherubic, her looks, but i had to pull myself away from all of that.

"Samantha, would you like to tell him, or shall I?" Gerard offered. The childish smile in his voice was almost palpable, i could probably cut it with a knife if i tried but im not aloud to have knives in this part of the hospital. Sheesh.

And then finally her radiant voice blessed my ears. "I will." She whispered softly as though not to disturb the silence. Oh, i havent heard that voice in what felt like centuries! "Chris," I nearly melted at my own name. "I'm starting to get my memories back..."

Did i hear her correctly? DId she say that her memories are coming back to her? No, i must be mistaken. She probably said that she'll never remember me and that i should move on.

"Chris?" Did i not respond?

"Sorry, i was thinking." My voice felt weak in my throat as if it were scared to come out. "So, You're... starting to remember me?" I was nervous to ask. She nodded her head shallowly with a smirk playing on her lips. "Really?" I felt my heart leap. That's all i've actually wanted for her to remember me and for me to maybe, in the slightest way, mean something to her. And this could be it.

"I wouldnt lie..." Im surprised Gerard hadnt butted it by now, but i guess he didnt want to ruin the moment, if there even was one.

I smiled, turning my body to finally meet hers and look over her in admiration and joy. I no longer felt depressed or worried or, in the smallest way, sick. Maybe things were finally going to work in my favor, and maybe my life will finally get back on track.

"And I'm letting you go today." ah, I knew Gerard would butt in eventually.

"What do you mean?" I asked quizzically, my body nearly trembling with excitement and adrenaline that was coursing through my veins in my blood stream.

"You don't have to come to therapy anymore,I feel like you've progressed very well over the two weeks and I'm letting you go home after this last session. Do you think you can handle that?"

"Of course!" I nearly leapt out of my chair. I can finally go back home and Samantha is starting to remember me! I almost squealed but then reminded myself that I was a guy, and it would be a little weird if I squealed like a little girl.

"So we're friends again?" Samantha asked hopefully.

"Oh, we're more than friends." I winked.

~later~

After my last session and finally making up with Samantha, rekindling our friendship hopefully forever, we headed back to my house. no surprise, all the guys were there waiting for us. I knew I shouldn't have gave them all copies of my key. The looks on their faces were priceless since none of them new I was coming home today, not to mention with Samantha.

"CHRIS!" Ricky greeted from his seat on Ryan's lap.

"You're home!" Ghost ran up to me, hugging me until I could no longer breathe. Choking out laughter, I hugged Ghost back. I can't even describe how happy I was to be back with all of my friends and out of that insane asylum. I didn't belong there and through long sessions with Gerard I realized that.

"Did they hurt you? Who do I need to beat up?" Josh checked my body feverishly and over protectively.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, sheesh." I laughed and plopped myself on the couch. Samantha sat beside me, fixing herself in between me, Ryan and Ricky.

"I thought they were gonna, like, turn you into a zombie or something." Josh started poking and prodding at me as if I was some test subject. Quickly, I slapped his hands away and glared at them.

"Yes, because that's what they do in hospitals nowadays." At least my sarcasm is still alive and well.

"And what's with you and Samantha, I thought you were fighting?" Ryan joined the conversation.

"I'm getting my memory back." She explained briefly. I wrapped my long, thin arms around her waist and tugged her onto my lap where I burrowed my head on her shoulder, resting my head in her hair. Samantha giggled and tried to wiggle out of my grip but there's no way I was letting her go again. Then I noticed that Janice wasn't here, she must've went home by now.

Swiftly, I snuck a kiss on Samantha's cheek causing them to flare bright red and her to hide her face in her hands. "Eew get a room." Ghost gagged.

"Trust me, I will." I added a wink to the end as I lifted Samantha into my arms, bridal style, and carried her to my bedroom a smile perching on my lips.

********************************************
Oh snap, turn of events. Wait till you see what happens next or so chapter! It'll be a big surprise, you'll never guess... Well maybe.

FOLLOW. VOTE. COMMENT