Paternity

(A/N: Ahh yes im actually updating... shocker lmao ENJOY WHILE IT LASTS since i will probably end this story soon)

(and PS I forgot if I ever gave Samantha a last name and I didn't feel like looking back through all the chapters so I made one up thanks)

Music: One More Light (by Linkin Park *cri*)

*Samantha's POV*

          This was completely out of the blue. I threw on my fuzzy coat, struggling to zip it over my extended belly before pulling up the hood and heading out of the door silently. No one knew about this appointment except me, though I had a feeling Ghost was catching on to me, he always does. I had to get this done or I would never be able to sleep soundly for as long as I lived. I owed the boys this much at least. No more secrets, no more mystery. Today things were going to be settled for sure. Let's just hope I don't ruin my relationships with anyone. 

        As always, the doctor's office was uncomfortably cold, erupting goosebumps on my skin, teeth chattering both from nerves and from temperature. I couldn't help but look at the unnerving pictures of babies and mothers and happy couples that were framed on the walls surrounding me. That could be me if today went well. If. My eyes lingered towards a mother sitting across from me in the waiting room, her husband on her left and another child of hers on her right. She was glowing and all I could think of is how if this baby isn't Chris's then I must be the worst person in the world.

       "Miss Samantha Emerson." A nurse smiled at me from a door that she held open for me. I mentally thanked her for pulling me out of that train of thoughts. "The doctor will see you now"

      I cringed a little, struggling to pull myself out of the chair before waddling my way towards the kind nurse and giving her a sad smile. 

         "So it looks like you're here for a paternity test today, is that correct?" I was grateful that she didn't say that with a pathetic look like that made me a horrible person or something, not knowing the father. I nodded slightly. "Okay, let me get the needle so I can draw your blood while the doctor examines you." She explained, shutting me in the bright office room. 

       A moment later the doctor sauntered into the room with a clipboard in hand. "From what it looks like from your last testing which wasn't done too long ago. You're moving along quite well with your pregnancy. Just under five months pregnant, does that sound correct?" I forced a smile. "Let me just check your vitals and I'll collect the blood samples that you have attained from the potential fathers." I let her check my blood pressure and my temperature, all coming back just fine. 

      "How long will the results take before I get them?" I looked down at my sweaty palms as she reached into a labeled cabinet before pulling out two vials of blood from both Josh and Chris. None of them knew why I had their blood drawn, for all they knew It was just to make sure they were healthy. But this was far more important. 

        "You should be getting the results in the mail by tomorrow unless you wanted to wait maybe an hour or so and I can hand them to you today since we aren't too busy." She smiled, taking my arm in her hands and tying a tourniquet just above my elbow to take my blood. I could tell by the look in her dark brown eyes that she knew I was nervous. "There's nothing to be nervous about, Miss Emerson ." She finished taking my blood and smiled at me. 

      "The whole process takes about an hour before the results are printed from the NIPP, and they are 99% accurate, so you may wait in the waiting room and I will give it to you when they come." I nodded and went to my spot in the waiting room. 

       I couldn't bear to sit in the waiting room alone so I called the first person in my mind that I could talk to. Ghost. 

         "Samantha, first off, its Saturday what are you doing up so early? And two, whats wrong?" He groaned into the phone.

           "Well, one, its noon... and I need you right now," I whined a little.

            "What happened? Where are you?" 

           "I'm at the gynecologist...I kinda am getting a paternity test right now and I don't wanna be alone when I get the results."

          "Shit, I'll be right there, gimme a couple of minutes." I hung up the phone.

The hour felt like an eternity filled to the brim with unreasonable tears from the rampant hormones stampeding through my veins and Ghost trying to make me laugh (to some avail). But then the doctor stepped in front of us with a tan envelope in hand and my heart felt like it had stopped completely. Before tears could come rushing down my hot face, I put my hand to my mouth, holding in my horrible sobs. Ghost took the envelope from the doctor.

       "Do you want to open it, or do you want me to open it?" He bit his lip as I nodded for him to open it. He unfolded the little strips of metal and started to take the paper out before I placed my hand over his to stop him. 

        "What if it's not Chris's?"

        "But what if it is? They deserve to know, Samantha." 

*Ghost's POV*

       I could feel Samantha's racing heartbeat in her palm as I held her hand in mine. I was just as nervous as her but I couldn't possibly compare my nerves to hers or her thoughts to mine. "It will be okay either way, Samantha, We will always be there."I continued to slide the results from the manilla envelope and hoped to a god that I don't even believe in that the father was Chris, for both of their sakes. 

       I bit my quivering lip between my teeth as I looked over the results, Samantha looking at me expectantly. I could hardly look her in the eyes as I hugged her so tightly. 

         "It's Josh's"

        She collapsed in horrible sobs in my lap.

        (This gif probably isnt necessary but im the author so ¯\_(ツ)_/ )   *************************************************************************************

ooooooooh you guys hate me now dont you? lmao oops happy early halloween, im crying too

comment reactions, general concerns, curses aimed at me, predictions, etc

50 reads, 5 comments, or 15 votes= you get more drama

COMMENT>VOTE>FOLLOW>SHARE