Chapter Two

Your dry lips parted, your mind screamed inside your skull begging you to do something, anything!

At this rate, All Might, and the other heroes wouldn't be able to stand against Shadow Jack and his band of misfits.

"Ah-!" You heard All Might gasp out a blood gargled cry then a large body hitting the ground. You furrowed your brows, desperately straining your ears trying to catch any ounce of sound, trying to piece together what was happening outside of this damned pod!

You began to shake, you weren't sure if it was the lack of strength you felt in your muscles, or the coldness that as long soaked into your bones. The rim of your eyes glowed five different colors all blending acting as a melting pot.

The pain you felt dissolved away from sight, raw adrenaline filled your veins. You yanked your arms free, biting back the scream as you pulled yourself off the large needles that perched the back of your arms, legs and lower back.

With one final bloodied punch, the glass shattered by your fingertips as a pure bright window looking into freedom stole your breath.

Hot muggy air fanned your body as your feet stumbled on to the cracked ground, you gasped in fresh air into your bruised lungs looking around the catastrophic damage. Your legs groaned, feeling your unwelcomed body weight.

You didn't give yourself another moment before you turned, reaching the second pod you broke the latch pulling it open. Your wide eyes sucked in the image of your friend, who you haven't seen in so long. His dirty blond hair was overgrown, matted in dirt and dried blood.

"Shiro!" You gasped, coughing so violently you bend over gasping for a breath.

"(y-y/n)-" A drained voice chocked out, you watched Shiro's dull green eyes slowly open. "-what-?"

"Come on-" You reached up, breaking his metal restraints.

"What have you done?" Shiro breathed, you didn't respond as you took his wrist and pulled. He cried out in pain, blood dripping from his open wounds soaking his torn clothing.

"We have to get Gray." You were breathless, ready to collapse. Your stomach twisted feeling ill.

"What's going on?"

"We are being used as batteries to bring down the heroes." You took your best guess.

"Where is Shadow Jack?"

"Fighting All Might." You answered as the two of you struggled to open your third friend's pod door.

"Gray!" Shiro called, shaking him as the two of you broke his restraints.

"Ah-!" Gray cried out in pain; his brown hair stuck to his skin with sweat.

"I know man-!" Shiro called out, "-I'm sorry but we got to go!"

"What is happening?" Gray groaned his head spinning like a marry-go-round.

"We will fill you in later but for now get the hell up!" Shiro said, pulling Gray to his feet. "We got to go-"

"What?" You turned, "We can't leave."

"(y/n)-" Shiro turned to you, "-we can't help them."

"We can help them stop Shadow-"

"You and I both know that man is psychotic-" Shiro rationalized, "-we need to take this chance you gave us to get the hell away from him!"

"We will always be looking over our shoulder." You said, your throat felt raw as if you had gargled razor blades.