Chapter Twenty Seven

"Hey-!" Bakugo snapped, his voice echoing off the gym walls. "-are you gonna spot me or not!?"

"Huh?" Kirishima looked up from his phone, "Yeah, just give me a sec-" Bakugo and Kirishima were at their local gym wasting away their Saturday morning.

"Why are you in that damn group chat anyway?" Bakugo asked, seeing the Class 1-A texting group chat.

"Why are you not?" Kirishima countered with a cheeky smile, "It's a lot of fun-"

"I already gonna deal with those damn Extras at school, why the hell would I wanna give them my number to bug me when I'm at home!?"

"You should give them more credit-" Kirishima said, "-they are pretty cool when you get to know them-"

"Ugh-!" Bakugo growled rolling his scarlet eyes, earning a few annoyed looks from other people who just wanted a nice quiet exercise. "-I don't care! I thought we were here to work out not talk about those losers! What are you even bringing them up for now!?"

"A few of us are trying to figure out where (y/n) lives." Kirishima answered,

"Huh?" Bakugo blinked, "(y/n), what for?"

"I know yesterday she said she didn't really wanna hang out because she was tired, but Mina and I thought it would be nice if we all got together and did something for her."

"Why?"

"Because....well, (y/n) has been sitting inside a prison...we wanna do a welcome home kind of thing for her. Since we all will be away for the next week, we don't want her sitting all around all alone..."

"She said she wanted to be alone." Bakugo replied, "Why bug her?"

"Because we are her friends." Kirishima grinned, "That's what friends do."

"You sound lame." Bakugo smirked,

"Yeah." Kirishima nodded, "I'm ok with that, so anyway that is what we are all trying to figure out-"

"Add me to the stupid group chat." Bakugo ordered.

"What?"

"I said add me to the fucking group chat-!" Bakugo bit, "-have you gone deaf!?"

----

You sighed, letting your lungs deflate as you stepped out of the steaming shower. Your body felt relaxed as you dried off listening to the silence of being home alone while All Might was stuck at UA doing some teachers conference.

Sliding on loose shorts and a sports bra, you went to grab your shirt when the doorbell sang. You craned your head to look at the closed door.

All Might always had packages coming to the house, it was annoying honestly. After another ring, you realized the delivery person probably needed a signature for the package, so you slowly walked out of the bathroom.

Your body ached, painted in bruises from head to toe. Your time spent inside jail was eventful, to say the least. Every ten seconds someone aimed to kill you, even a few guards were paid off to look the other way forcing you to sleep with one eye open.

It hurt to apply pressure to your left leg, the deep gash Shadow Jack inflicted on you reopened. Your torso ached from the black and blue bruises from being kicked, on the bright side the pain medication Dr. Shuzenji gave you, helped with the broken rib.

The doorbell was pressed rapidly four times.

"I'm coming." You muttered, feeling annoyed. It was hard getting around, the stairs were a bitch, going down was easy but going up was a different story.