Chapter Twenty Six

"Morning." Aizawa groggily called out, slowly walking into the classroom.

Class 1-A were already leaning in their seats, waiting desperately for an update on you.

Once they saw Aizawa was not going to say anything they already didn't know, they all sighed leaning back in their seats disappointed.

"We have a big class today-" Aizawa said, "-on Hero Informatics."

"Ugh!" Kaminari threw his head back. "Please tell me it's not a pop quiz!"

"Crap-!" Kirishima groaned, "I bet it's about hero laws, I'm so bad at those!"

"You need code names-" Aizawa said, "-time to pick your hero names."

"Oh!" Mina jumped; "-this is gonna be fun!"

Midnight walked in, a smile on her face as she looked out onto the class.

"What you pick today could be your code name for life!" Midnight went on to explain.

"Midnight is here to have final say over your names since it's not my forte." Aizawa crawled into his sleeping bag allowing Midnight to take over the class.

After passing out boards to draw on the class was left alone to figure out what they wanted to be known as.

Mina glanced behind her, at your empty desk.

"I wonder what (y/n) would have picked..." Mina said out loud, killing the small joy buzzing around the classroom.

Midnight and Aizawa glanced at each other, then to the clock.

"Probably something cool." Jiro sighed, "Everything she did seemed so cool and collected."

"Yeah." Ochaco agreed. "She probably wouldn't even have to give it a second thought, she would just know."

"That does sound like her..." Midoriya commented looking at his blank board.

"Now class-" Midnight stepped in, "-who is ready to share what they came up with?"

"We-We have to present these!?"

"Yes" Midnight nodded.

Aoyama was the first to jump up.

Midnight approved his name after a few adjustments.

"Who is next!?" Midnight tried to get the students back to being excited, but they never truly bounced back. They kept glancing at your desk and replaying the video they watched of you at the prison in their heads on a painful loop.

Mina breathed through her nose, if you were here, she could run her names by you and know you would be open about them.

"I'll go next." Asui offered, picking out the name 'Froppy' passed by Midnight.

Kirishima was about to raise his hand, after scooping up the courage but as it lifted his arm in the air, just then the classroom door opened.

Mouths dropped upon seeing you standing in the doorway.

"Uh, (y/n) -" Midnight muttered, having known you were released in the dead of night she was still taken back by you.

"Sorry I'm late-" You muttered, turning to see your class was gaping at your appearance. Your left eye had a crescent moon shape bruise around it and your bottom lip was busted open.

"(y-y/n)?" Mina stood, tears in her eyes as she practically jumped in your arms.

"I-I am still sore." You quickly replied, sharp pains erupted in your abdomen from the tight contact.