Chapter Eighty Nine

"Come on!" Kirishima whined for the tenth time, pulling on Katsuki's arm. "Everyone's already outside!"

"Why the hell should I care about some brat coming to school!?" Katsuki shoved Kirishima back with his shoulder.

"That's not nice man!" Kirishima lectured. "Eri is a sweetheart! Mr. Aizawa is letting her out of the hospital for a couple hours to check out the school and our class is allowed to join her!"

"Yeah, good for you." Katsuki crassly waved, "Go have fun."

"Come on man." Kirishima puffed his cheeks, "You have been stuck inside studying or just training for months...just...come on."

Kirishima and Katsuki locked their similar shadowy red eyes, both knew what the other was thinking, but it was too painful to speak the truth aloud.

After months of Midnight and All Might flipping the city upside down, they had no choice but to conclude you were nowhere to be found. If All Might had not seen the footage himself, he would never have believed you had rescued from the League of Villains.

Mr. Principle had to make the two teachers return to teaching but every night All Might searched your favorite places, hoping, praying to spot you. Katsuki was never the same after hearing the school gave up, doing the same as his idol he searched for you every open chance he got.

Katsuki returned to places he believed were special between the two of you, such as the park where you held your first kiss...the little spot in the mountains not many people knew about where the two of you had lunch when you went hiking together...

"Fine." Katsuki groaned.

"Yes!" Kirishima jumped, feeling victorious.

"I'm not going to hang out with a little kid for long." Katsuki warned following Kirishima outside of their dorm. The air was warm, hugging Katsuki's arms as he rolled his eyes hearing Mina and Momo gushing over the little girl.

"Don't crowd her!" Ida lectured causing Katsuki to sigh, why had he agreed to this?

"It's not that bad." Kirishima playfully pushed Katsuki's arm. "At least the weather is nice, it's been so rainy lately."

"Yeah." The crimson eyed hero agreed gazing up to the sky, taking a break from the dreary weather was kind of nice before pulling his eyes down to earth. For a moment time froze, Katsuki tilted his head, furrowing his brows as he watched Midoriya laugh with the little girl known as Eri, her back facing him.

Katsuki blinked, one, two, three times before taking off into a stomp towards the crowd.

"Hey-!" Katsuki called, glaring down at the little girl who spun around with large doe eyes. "-you there!"

"She has a name Kacchan." Midoriya disapproved.

"Where did you get that jacket!?" Katsuki ignored the greenette, his burning eyes drilling holes into the small fragile kid. "Tell me!"

"Dude!" Kirishima jogged over.

"What is your deal!?" Momo lectured.

"Tell me where you got it!" Katsuki ignored his classmates, his brassie tone and intense glare caused tears to pool into the little girls' eyes.

"You made her cry!" Kirishima gasped sweat bead down his back feeling Aizawa's hard gaze.

"What did you do?" Aizawa demanded walking over to the group.

"Bakugo had a stroke." Kaminari muttered, leaning on the back of his heels.

"Bakugo-" Aizawa sighed, wondering why the angry teen was even out here. "-what did you do-?"