Chapter Nineteen

Bakugo squatted, waiting impatiently. You stepped down and instantly your leg gave out. Bakugo snapped around, his muscular arms wrapping around your waist keeping you from crumbling in the dirt.

"Are you alright!?" Bakugo quickly inspected you.

"Yeah." You breathed through the fire scorching your leg. "The bleeding stopped once I got off my leg."

"Maybe you should get home first-"

"I'm good!" You nodded, faking a smile that Bakugo saw right through.

"Don't lie to me." He was vexed staring down at you, he hated being lied too. You took a breath,

"Even if I am home...it'll still hurt..." You shrugged, "...and I am hungry..."

"Fine." Bakugo turned, opening the door. You stared at him for second, "Let's go." He nodded sounding irritated. A large smile blossomed across your face as you quickly scurried inside the ramen shop.

After placing both orders, you and Bakugo took a seat by the window watching as it began to pour.

"I didn't know it was going to rain." Bakugo muttered watching the raindrops fall, you stared at his face, noticing his strong jaw line. He turned from the window, quickly you looked anywhere but him.

"I like the rain." You quickly replied.

"Why?" Bakugo hated the cold, wet rain. He preferred bright sunny days.

"It was the only peaceful sound-" You knitted your brows thinking back, "-I could hear from inside-" You cut yourself off readjusting yourself in your chair, Bakugo glanced back outside.

"I guess it's not so bad." He muttered, turning back to your gloomy face. He took a breath, thinking back to your large smile before you two entered the store...he wanted to see that on your face not-he looked around; the fuck was he thinking!?

The server dropped the food off, you didn't hesitate before digging in. Bakugo smirked, watching you from across the table. Looking up from inhaling half your bowl you saw how calm and relaxed Bakugo appeared dipping his bread in the broth.

You picked up your chunk of bread, offering it to him.

"You don't want it?"

You replied by shaking your head no. Bakugo tilted his head,

"I noticed you don't eat the pieces of bread you get at school, why?"

"Why do you watch me at school?" You smirked at your reply watching his face go from relaxed to agitated in 0.1 seconds.

"I do not watch you at school!" He bit, "I am just observant and awesome now answer the damn question!"

"Nah." You said.

"Nah?"

"Nah." You nodded.

"What does 'Nah' mean!?" It was easy to get him worked up, you didn't feel the smile on your face.

Neither Bakugo nor you noticed how time seemed to vanish. You enjoyed the natural conversation with him and getting him worked up was entertaining. The ramen shop closed without the two of you realizing it, the rain still poured from the sky.

"I'll be back-" Bakugo excused himself to the restroom, where he slid to the counter to pay for both meals. "-this place closed like a half hour ago." Bakugo said walking up to the table.

"Really?" You replied, "Why didn't they tell us?"

"Don't know." Bakugo shrugged, "Let's go."

"I have to pay-"