Chapter Forty One

"Yum, yum, yum..." You bounced on the balls of your feet staring up at the food truck watching the workers cook, you were excited for your order. UA allowed a few food trucks to park at the school during everyone's lunch break today.

"Your food has already paid for." The man waved his hand at the cash in yours.

"Huh?" You tilted your head, the polite man pointed over to the collected of picnic tables nearby. You followed his gaze, only for your good mood to deflate. You thanked the kind people before walking over to a table, away from the one Bakugo was sitting on.

"Hey..." He walked over as you took your first bite. "...we need to talk." You ignored him, savoring the flavors in your mouth. "Are you listening to me!?" He snapped.

"No." You answered, finally looking up to him.

"I bought you your snack!"

"I didn't ask you too." You replied, "You can't buy my time."

"I want to talk about the mount-"

"I don't." You leaned back, "There is nothing to talk about."

"Yes, there is-"

"No-" Your tone was frozen as your rose to your feet, clearly unable to enjoy your snack before class. "-there isn't." You slapped the money you were going to give the nice men on the table.

"You don't-" Bakugo went to say.

"I already told you-" You glanced over your shoulder as you turned to walk away, "-I don't want a damn thing from you."

----

Bakugo sat on the bench inside the men's locker room away from the rest of his classmates, tuning them out as everyone changed into their gym clothes per Aizawa's order.

"I wonder why Mr. Aizawa wanted all of us to change?" Ojiro randomly asked, maybe his classmates knew something he didn't.

"No idea." Mineta shrugged, "I hate surprise exercises!"

"I think they are fun!" Kirishima laughed, "UA sure keeps us on our toes!"

"Of course, you would like them Kirishima." Mineta rolled his eyes as he walked away with Ojiro and Sero.

"Hey-" Kirishima turned to the three remaining students. "-we have grown pretty close, right?"

"Yeah!" Midoriya nodded, smiling brightly.

"We are friends." Shoto agreed.

Bakugo ignored them as he shoved socks onto his feet.

"Good." Kirishima nodded, "I-I really need to talk to someone..."

"Oh? Is everything ok Kirishima?" Midoriya asked, giving the red head his full attention.

"I-I really don't know." Kirishima took in a deep breath, steading his pounding heart.

"You look nervous." Shoto pointed out.

"I kinda am." Kirishima rubbed the back of his head, awkwardly laughing.

"You don't have to feel nervous." Midoriya pressed, "We are all friends here after all."

"Your right." Kirishima breathed through his nose. "Emotions are manly-" He started trying to hype himself up "-I-I think I am in love!" He blurted without a second thought.

"Wh-What!?" Midoriya and Shoto glanced at each other for a moment. Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"Th-That's great!" Midoriya broke the thick tension.