CC!Ted x Reader - Podcast Guest

Plot: Y/N is a popular animator and was invited to be a guest on the Chuckle Sandwich podcast.

Reader's Pronouns: They/Them

~

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the Chuckle Sandwich podcast." Ted said with a smile, adjusting his mic and bringing it closer to his face. "Another day, another episode for Chuckle Week. Am I right?"

Looking at him with an almost straight face, Schlatt grabbed his mic slightly and leaned forward. "Ted, that was the most basic shit you could've said."

Silence filled the room for a moment before Charlie looked over at the camera, a small smile cracking onto his face. "We have a special guest today if you couldn't tell."

Ted gave a small nod and smiled brightly. "We have Y/N on the show today." He said before slowly turning to look at them. "And you essentially make.. little cartoons on the internet correct?"

"If that's what you want to call it that, then sure." Y/N said with a smile. "I'm an animator, kinda like JaidenAnimations but I usually make my things for fun. Just as sort of a hobby, y'know?"

A nod was all Ted gave for a moment as he thought, "Just as a hobby? I mean, I've seen some of your stuff here and there, I think it's pretty incredible." He said with a small chuckle. "How exactly did you get to making them?"

Beginning to mess with the table cloth slightly, Y/N gave a smile as they looked at Ted. "Well, I was a huge art kid throughout middle and high school. Once I got to college, it pretty much became what I majored." They said keeping their smile. "There is where I got my first drawing tablet. I mainly made small animations just for laughs, but when I decided to post some on YouTube, tons of people seemed to love it."

"And now here you are." Ted said, finishing their statement. "I've talked to a few animators before, but.. animation isn't too easy, is it?"

Y/N immediately shook their head, their eyes going wide a bit. "Oh, hell no. It's way harder than it looks." They responded with a small sigh. "You have to go through frame by frame and make sure it all lines up, and not to mention drawing each frame takes a lot of time.. then there's syncing the audio, editing it all together.. so yeah, I wouldn't say it's too easy."

At this point Y/N and Ted were practically having this conversation by themselves, while Schlatt and Charlie on the otherhand were goofing off on their own. They were pretty much using the plastic straws wrapped in paper that were meant to be a prop for the set and sliding the paper halfway off, before shooting the paper at each other's face.

Despite all of the chaos happening on the other end of the table, Ted kept his focus on Y/N, seeming interested in what they had to say. He was intrigued by all of the stories they had to tell, and even did his best to ask questions whenever he felt he could slip one in.

"And you've been doing YouTube for.. 7 years now?" Ted asked as he glared at the other boys, before looking at Y/N once again.

Giving another nod, Y/N smiled. "Almost 8, I'd say. It's crazy how fast time flew by.." They replied softly.

Right as Y/N finished their statement, though, Schlatt ended up shoving Charlie off of his seat, causing him to let out a scream. Both Ted and Y/N looked over at the two, before Schlatt just casually sat back up, as if nothing happened. "So, Y/N, you play any video games?"

The whole bit actually got a little giggle out of Y/N as they smiled, giving a small nod. "I do, actually. Mainly basic ones though, ones that everyone seem to like now."

As Y/N began to talk to Schlatt, which was mainly him just getting on a certain topic and rambling on while they sat their forced to listen, Ted began to grow slightly impatient. He quietly tapped his foot against the floor, hoping and waiting for the time when he could add something and get the change to talk to Y/N again.

This was a bit strange. Ted usually ended up talking to the guests quite a lot since Schlatt and Charlie usually liked to goof off, but moments when Charlie and Schlatt actually talked to the guest Ted never seemed to get jealous. But now that wasn't the case.

Now it was obvious that Schlatt planned on talking for a while, but as the two sat there, Ted's hand slowly rested on top on Y/N's hand. This caused them to freeze up a bit, the sudden action made it a bit hard for them to focus on Schlatt.

They didn't mind the whole thing, it honestly just caught them off guard, really. Eventually as the time passed they carefully grabbed onto Ted's hand as well, which almost surprised him. He smiled slightly but kept it down not want to seem like anything was going on.

Finally after about an hour of all of them talking back and forth, they finally ended the episode. Once the cameras stopped rolling they all thanked Y/N for being there, all of them standing up from their seats.

While Schlatt and Charlie left the room for a moment to call an uber to head back to where they were staying, Ted and Y/N stood in the recording room together, having small conversations together.

"So, Y/N.. I was wondering. Would you like to go and maybe.. get some dinner together? This was the last podcast we had to record today, and I haven't eaten much.." He said with a small chuckle.

A smile grew on Y/N's face as they looked up at Ted. "Of course, sounds like it could be fun! Though, I left my wallet back at my hotel-"

"No worries, it's on me." Ted said with a chuckle. "You don't have to repay me anytime soon either, I don't mind paying." He smiled.

Growing a bit surprised, Y/N sighed. "Fine, fine. But if we ever do anything like this again, I'm paying. Got it?"

Chuckling a bit more, Ted gave a slow nod. "Whatever you say, Y/N."

~

(Requested by -DreamTeamSimp- !! Hope you enjoyed it :D)