CC!Slimecicle x Reader - Cuddles For Comfort

Plot: After having to mourn the death of a childhood pet, Charlie is left depressed and unmotivated to do anything. Wanting to cheer him up, Y/N does their best to try and him up.

Reader Pronouns: They/Them

~

It had been a long day, and both Charlie and Y/N decided today would just be a relaxing day at home for the two of them. Charlie had a lot of work to get done, such as editing, recording, and maybe a bit of streaming if he was able to get to it. Y/N on the other hand didn't have a lot to do, so they mainly just tidied up a bit, made some food for Charlie here and there, then huddled up in their room to play some video games.

Despite being uneventful the day went by really fast, Y/N soon turning off their computer and deciding to get ready for bed. While heading towards the bathroom to brush their teeth, though, they passed Charlie's room and managed to hear a few faint sniffled, which caused them to stop in their tracks.

Charlie was hardly ever emotion around Y/N, he was such a big bundle of goofiness it was hard to ever think he had any emotion besides happiness. So whenever he tended to break down, Y/N knew it was serious.

Quickly they knocked on his door with a bit of concern, frowning a bit at the thought of their lover being hurt in some way. "Charlie? Are you alright?"

Silence filled the area for a moment, but it didn't take long before Charlie opened the door, tears streaming down his face as he tried to control his sobs. He pulled Y/N into a hug as soon as he saw them, which honestly caught them a bit off guard.

"Babe- baby.. what's wrong?" Y/N cooed softly, carefully hugging onto the poor boy, beginning to rub circles on his back. "Did something happen?"

Poor Charlie could barely even get a word out, gasping for breath as he tried to get through his sobs. Finally when he managed to speak, it was shakey and almost hard to make out. "M-My mom just called.. m-my dog I-I've had since I was a k-kid just passed away.." He stuttered, hugging tightly onto Y/N as he tried to control himself.

Hearing that nearly shocked Y/N, whenever Charlie visited his parents he always made a point to spend time with his old dog. He loved that dog, so much so that he had many photo albums in his room only dedicated to his dog.

"Oh, baby.." They frowned as they pulled Charlie closer, continuing to rub his back. "I'm so sorry.."

It was obvious he wanted to talk and ramble on, but his sobs got in the way. He sniffled and gasped a bit as Y/N pulled back a bit, carefully leading him back into his room.

They helped him sit down on his bed, all while hugging him close and trying to get him to calm down some. "It'll be okay, babe, I promise.." They reassured him, trying their best to take his mind off things. "Do you want anything? Something to drink? A snack?"

Though he was still overcome with tears, Charlie managed to give a small nod, hiccuping slightly as he tried to get his words out. "W-Water.. please.." He sputtered out, doing his best to contain himself.

Carefully patting his back, Y/N gave a small nod. "Alright, I'll be right back.. just breathe and stay here, okay?" They spoke to him softly, all while attempting to pull back.

As they stepped away it almost hurt them a bit, leaving Charlie even for a minute in the condition he was in made their heart ache. But they didn't plan to be away for long, they were going to do everything they could to cheer their baby up.

Rushing down the stairs, Y/N bolted to the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge and grabbing a few bottles of nice, cold water. They knew all he asked for was a water- but, they couldn't help themselves from grabbing some of Charlie's favorite snacks as well.

Emptying out a random fruit basket they had for decoration, Y/N loaded it up with the waters and snacks, as well as a few other goodies they could find. A blanket, some tissues, and a rubber duck- it wasn't much, but Y/N just hoped it would help Charlie cheer up.

Picking up the basket Y/N rushed upstairs, not hesitating to immediately cuddle up to Charlie once again, being quick to comfort him. "I know you only want water, hun, but I got some other goodies, too.." They spoke softly, beginning to rub their hand in circles against his back.

Charlie seemed to have calmed down a bit, though tears still ran down his cheeks while is breathing remained shakey. "You didn't have to.." He sputtered out, carefully grabbing one of the bottles of water and taking a quick sip.

"I did, I know this is hard, so I'm not leaving your side until you're cheered up.." Y/N spoke with a small smile, before carefully leaning over and gently kissing his cheek.

Sniffling, Charlie rested his head against theirs shoulder, trying to control his breathing as they continued to rub his back. "Everything's going to be okay, hun, I promise.. your dog is in a better place now, away from pain and suffering.. nothing will change how much it loved you, or how much you loved it." They spoke softly to him.

Though he seemed to shake a bit at that comment, it soon settled with him, causing him to sniffle and give a small nod. "Yeah.. you're right.."

Smiling a bit, Y/N wrapped their arms around Charlie, allowing both of them to lay back, Charlie resting his head on their chest. He cuddled close to them without saying another word, the tears in his eyes seeming to come to a stop.

Y/N hummed quietly as they ran their fingers through his hair, attempting to calm him in a way. It seemed to work, because soon enough his sniffling stopped, and soon turned into calm breathes of air.

"I love you." Y/N couldn't help but whisper to their love, smiling as he sleepily replied with the same statement. As they held him in their arms it didn't take long before he drifted off to sleep, his eyes a bit red from all of his tears, yet luckily now dry.

Cuddling close to him, they gave a small yawn themselves, laying back as closing their eyes all while holding Charlie close to their chest. Though it was a sad night, Y/N just enjoyed being in the presence of Charlie, and though the hated to see him upset, the feeling of being there to comfort him was the best feeling Y/N had.

And they wouldn't trade it for the world.

~

(Requested by Chr0nyx! I hope you enjoyed >:])