CC!Ted x Reader - Sick Day

Plot: Y/N is sick, and instead of laying in bed all day to feel miserable, Ted does his best to make them feel better.

Reader Pronouns: She/They

~

"Y/N!! Come on, get up! We gotta head out in about 10 minutes!" Ted shouted from downstairs as he slipped his jacket on.

Not getting a response again, he let out an annoyed- but slightly worried- sigh. This was about the 5th time he tried to get Y/N up, yet she had never left her room. She was usually up and early by now, and the lack of response was starting to worry him.

Finally after about five minutes Ted stormed upstairs, taking a deep breath and knocking on their door once again. "Y/N? Come on, you're starting to worry me now.."

Still no answer. Ted huffed and bit his tongue slightly. "Alright, I'm coming in." He said loud enough for Y/N to hear, before twisting the door knob and pushing the door open.

To his surprise, Y/N was still in bed, cuddled up underneath their blankets. He let out a sigh before walking over, gently shaking them. "Y/N? Hey, wake up.." He said softly now, not wanting to startle them too much.

Stirring a bit, Y/N let out a quiet yawn, their eyes slowly fluttering opened. They looked up Ted, rubbing their face a bit. "Hm..?"

"Jeez, Y/N, I've been trying to get you up for the past hour.." He said with a frown, his hand slowly resting on her forehead. "You feeling okay?"

Closing her eyes once again, Y/N leaned back for a moment. "Mm.. not really.." She muttered, still feeling drowsy.

Ted gave a small frown as he pulled away from their forehead, a small huff escaping his lips. "You're burning up.. you know what? Get some more rest. I'll call the others and tell them we can't make it."

Y/N frowned as they slowly sat up. "What? No- Ted.. don't cancel this because of me.. you and the guys have been wanting to hang out for a while-"

"They'll understand, Y/N. Plus I'm not just gonna leave you here while you're sick. Okay?" Ted said with a sigh. "Now lay down and get some more rest. I'll be back in a bit to check up on you."

She honestly wanted to argue with him but didn't bother, slowly laying down once again and sighing. "Fine.. I'm sorry, Ted.."

Leaning over, Ted gently kissed Y/N's forehead, before turning and heading towards the door. "Don't apologize, Y/N. Okay? Just get some rest. Love you." He said with a smile as he slowly backed out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Now, Ted had a mission. He rushed downstairs and kicked his shoes off, hanging his jacket back up. As he headed into the kitchen, he grabbed his phone and called his good friend, Schlatt.

"Ted! Where the hell are you two? We've been waiting for like 20 minutes man!" Schlatt said a bit aggravated and impatient.

Rolling his eyes, Ted shuffled around the kitchen, grabbing a pot from one of the cabinets. "We can't make it, Schlatt. I was trying to get Y/N up but turns out she's sick. I'm staying home to make sure she'll be okay."

Hearing that caused Schlatt's tone to soften a bit. "Oh shit- well, I hope she gets better, man." He said softly, before huffing a bit. "But next time, let us know beforehand, okay?"

"Okay, okay. Tell Charlie I said hi." He chuckled softly. "I'll talk to you guys later." He said with a sigh, before hanging up.

Once he put his phone away he turned on the stove, setting the pot down. He walked over to the pantry, grabbing a can of soup, before heading back over. He cracked it open and poured it into the pot, smiling a bit.

While that was heating he headed over to the medicine cabinet, looking through it for a bit and grabbing a few bottles of things he thought Y/N would need.

He gathered those things up and hummed quietly, setting them all down on the counter before beginning to stir the soup some. It was heating up pretty well, he figured a few more minutes and it would be ready.

Grabbing a bowl and spoon he sat those down on the counter as well, before heading over and grabbing a rag, soaking it with cool water from the sink. After a few more minutes the soup was finally done, he grabbed a bigger spoon and scooped some out, putting it in the bowl. He then put a lid over the soup and turned the stove off, just in case Y/N would want more later.

Smiling a bit as he looked at his creation, he then grabbed a small tray, placing the bowl, spoon, pills, and wet rag on there. He picked it up and carried it upstairs, humming quietly to himself.

Before heading into Y/N's room, though, he headed into his room, setting the platter down on his desk and changing into some more comfortable clothes. Once he finished up with that he grabbed the tray once again, heading to Y/N's room.

Quietly opening the door, Ted was met with a surprise to see Y/N was awake. "Awake already, huh?" He chuckled softly, heading over and setting the tray on their nightstand.

"Mm.. more like I couldn't fall back asleep.." They muttered softly, almost immediately jumping as they felt Ted place the cool rag on their forehead.

Chuckling a bit, Ted slowly pulled his hand away, leaving the rag to stay there on its own. "Leave that there for now, it'll help you cool down." He hummed. "I brought you some medicine and some soup as well, if you wanted to try and eat."

Smiling a bit, Y/N laid back slightly. "You don't have to do all of this, Ted.."

"What?! Of course I do! I'm your boyfriend, and I'm gonna take care of you the best I can!" He said with a smile, before slowly sitting down next to Y/N. "I care so much, that I'm gonna sit here with you for a bit, just so you don't get lonely, and so I'm here if anything happens."

Though Y/N wasn't too happy, they just sighed and laid back, cuddling up to Ted. "Finnne.." They said softly, before looking up. "Could I have some soup..?"

Jokingly, Ted shook his head. "Nope, it's all mine." He hummed before grabbing the bowl. "I'm kidding, Y/N. I made it just for you. Of course you can have some." He smiled, carefully bringing the spoon up to their mouth.

Y/N smiled and took a small bite, though it was tough at first she managed to swallow it. "This is really good.." She hummed quietly.

Ted chuckled before gently kissing her cheek, chuckling a bit. "Glad you like it. And that you can actually taste it, too." He smiled. "Got a movie your like to watch?" He asked softly, before holding another spoonful of soup up to her mouth.

"Nothing in particular.." Y/N muttered out before taking another bite, laying back a bit. "As long as I'm sitting here cuddling with you I'm okay.."

He honestly couldn't help but roll his eyes as he listened to thethe. "Oh, please. Now you're gonna start acting cheesy?"

The two just laughed together as Ted soon grabbed his phone and began scrolling through tik tok, holding it with one hand where Y/N could see it, while also making sure to feed her some soup here and there.

This went on until Y/N finally managed to fall asleep, but no matter what she did Ted stayed by her side, ready to get her anything she needed, when she needed it. He even took care of her while she slept, giving her gentle massages, and don't forget how he gave her a kiss almost every ten seconds.

There was no doubt at all that Ted cared for his partner. Because he knew that if he was sick, they wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing for him, too.

~

(Requested by Eternal_F4ll! Hope you enjoyed! :D)